Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Cuddling. Hunter. pairs.
Posted By: scarabDate: 2/3/11 6:05 p.m.

In Response To: Cuddling. Hunter. pairs. (Hawaiian Pig)

: Glowing cuddling snuggly hunter pairs that dream together.

: Pretty much sold me right there.

I always wondered what was so special about a bonded pair. If they weren't a breeding pair then what was the point? Why such a deep connection?

And yes, snuggly Hunter pairs are a good thing in their own right. :-)

: I'm willing to bet Bungie hasn't thought this deeply about them; I highly
: suggest they adopt one of your proposed biological forms.

In a sense they already did because some time back, pre Halo 3 days, I suggested that Lekgolo could take many forms - that there was nothing inevitable or natural in the bipedal form to collections of sentient worms. I even suggested that they could combine together to form giant mechas.

Bungie went one better and gave us Lekgolo Scarabs.

Though I think that they missed a trick with the AA guns in halo 3 and Reach. They could have been modified Scarabs. They could have made them easier to board so that you didn't have to go through the leg damaging mechanism just to get on board to kill them.

And I still want to see a cutscene with Scarabs walking out of an Assault Carrier's hanger bay and dropping down to a planet below. Imagine what it would be like for an army on the ground. One second there is no enemy to be seen. Then the skies are filled with falling Scarabs - retro rockets blazing. 10 seconds later you have a full blown war on your hands.

I have another obsession about how the Covenant or UNSC could swiftly deploy forces onto any planet they visit. Its their bread and butter so they both have to be good at it.

A Scarab could hold troops and a couple of Ghosts in its hold. A bigger Scarab could hold a Wraith or Banshee or two. The entire package is mobile and ready to fight as soon as it lands.

I've never seen sniper towers being deployed. I wonder if they could act like the multi-occupant drop capsules that we saw in Reach. Maybe the energy used by the gravity lift could be used instead to generate the shield curtains that those drop capsules used. Then, just before impact, they could drop the shields and activate the gravity lift to suspend the occupants to protect them from the final impact. In essence combine the two things into an instant deploy checkpoint/observation post.

ODST drops could be accompanied by drop capsules that hold extra supplies or even Mongeese for rapid transport from the drop site.

Message Index

Replies:

My usual obsession (Lekgolo)scarab 2/3/11 10:15 a.m.
     tl;dr versionscarab 2/3/11 10:16 a.m.
           Are they friends with the Horta? *NM* *NM*Beckx 2/3/11 10:25 a.m.
                 Yes: there are Horta on Tescarab 2/3/11 10:32 a.m.
                       Hurray! :) *NM*Beckx 2/3/11 10:33 a.m.
     "HOLY CRAP" doesn't BEGIN to cover it...Mid7night 2/3/11 10:24 a.m.
           Re: "HOLY CRAP" doesn't BEGIN to cover it...scarab 2/3/11 10:59 a.m.
                 Re: "HOLY CRAP" doesn't BEGIN to cover it...arbitersaids 2/3/11 12:44 p.m.
                       Re: "HOLY CRAP" doesn't BEGIN to cover it...scarab 2/3/11 1:59 p.m.
                             They only need small amounts: 1gram/year?scarab 2/3/11 2:05 p.m.
                                   A mouse eats more than a, grown, Hunter does :-) *NM*scarab 2/3/11 4:16 p.m.
           Re: "HOLY CRAP" doesn't BEGIN to cover it...General Vagueness 2/4/11 2:16 p.m.
     Re: My usual obsession (Lekgolo)Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/3/11 10:52 a.m.
     o_O *NM*urk 2/3/11 1:55 p.m.
     Added you to the "List of People 343i should hire"Hyokin 2/3/11 3:44 p.m.
           Re: Added you to the "List of People 343i should hLeviathan 2/3/11 3:55 p.m.
                 That's what I was thinking. :-) *NM*scarab 2/3/11 4:00 p.m.
                       He's gonna kill me...Hyokin 2/3/11 4:13 p.m.
                             Oh I thought that it would be for the cousin jokescarab 2/3/11 4:21 p.m.
                                   HBO: Cousins Are Fair Game *NM*Leviathan 2/3/11 4:40 p.m.
                                         HBO: Hyokin >= Dead to me. *NM*padraig08 2/3/11 5:27 p.m.
                                               HBO: Love ya, buddy! *NM*Hyokin 2/3/11 8:32 p.m.
     Bravo, good sir! *clapping* *NM*Leviathan 2/3/11 3:57 p.m.
     Damn, that's good. *NM*yakaman 2/3/11 4:32 p.m.
     Cuddling. Hunter. pairs.Hawaiian Pig 2/3/11 4:35 p.m.
           Re: Cuddling. Hunter. pairs.scarab 2/3/11 6:05 p.m.
                 Re: Cuddling. Hunter. pairs.arbitersaids 2/3/11 8:40 p.m.
                       Re: Cuddling. Hunter. pairs.arbitersaids 2/3/11 8:44 p.m.
                       Re: Cuddling. Hunter. pairs.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/3/11 9:47 p.m.
                             Re: Cuddling. Hunter. pairs.General Vagueness 2/4/11 2:11 p.m.
     Nice intellectual exerciseSquirrelOnFire 2/3/11 4:50 p.m.
           Re: Nice intellectual exercisescarab 2/3/11 5:37 p.m.
                 Re: Nice intellectual exerciseSquirrelOnFire 2/3/11 11:06 p.m.
                       Re: Nice intellectual exerciseQuirel 2/4/11 12:57 a.m.
     Re: My usual obsession (Lekgolo)Quirel 2/3/11 8:34 p.m.
           Re: My usual obsession (Lekgolo)scarab 2/4/11 2:03 a.m.
     Re: My usual obsession (Lekgolo)scarab 2/4/11 4:16 p.m.
           Better link for applicationsscarab 2/4/11 4:22 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.