Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkj
Posted By: Schooly D <schoolyd@teamschoolyd.org>Date: 9/15/10 4:45 p.m.

In Response To: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkj;k (Hawaiian Pig)

: ...these are all rumblings of a writeup I really want to do but haven't yet
: organized my thoughts. I should probably stop ranting.

If you do get the write-up out, it will follow the existing plot line of your posts since Reach's release measured by how critical you are of the game.

It starts here with your advert for HBO IRC. Looks pretty glowing, after all you do have to attract people who are excited about Reach. But the careful eye will notice that 3 of your 5 spoilered questions are actually on topics where you find some problem with the game. But it's subtle, so here the appearance of your opinion of the game is 'high' to 'very high'

Next is here. Here you praise the game for its "cool sequence," but not before revealing a little disappointment with the scale of the battle. Appearance of your opinion of the game in general: still 'high'

On to here. Now we're getting somewhere. This post I feel is the closest to your true opinion of the game as a whole: underwhelming story, engaging gameplay. Appearance of your opinion of the game in general: 'medium'

Movin' along. Not much here except for the cheering of the death of a main character (which is fine, I hated her too), and a straight right punch about the game being full of cliches. Appearance of your opinion of the game in general: 'medium-low' to 'low'

And now to your post in this thread. Heeere we go. The post is a brief dissection of the game's character and writing flaws, with bonus mockery. The praise for the handling of Jorge is the only sunny part but really only sharpens the picture of what you see is wrong with the game. Appearance of your opinion of this game in general: 'low'

Now I wholly believe that you did enjoy the game and just found the story/writing to be bad. Writing posts that critique the story can't be construed as opinions of the whole game, unless we expect you to include a review of everything else along with your review of the story. Which would be unreasonable.

Still, I found your becoming more open and harsh with your criticism as we move away from the launch date to be interesting. The honeymoon is ending, so to speak. I wait with bated breath for the full review of the story.

But what about multiplayer?

Team Schooly D

Message Index

Replies:

What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Schooly D 9/15/10 1:01 p.m.
     Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kamerosa 9/15/10 1:58 p.m.
           Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Narcogen 9/15/10 10:54 p.m.
                 Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kamerosa 9/15/10 11:53 p.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kamerosa 9/15/10 11:54 p.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Narcogen 9/16/10 4:54 a.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kermit 9/16/10 4:38 p.m.
     Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 2:16 p.m.
           Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Jillybean 9/15/10 2:27 p.m.
                 Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 2:36 p.m.
                 Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*T07WRX5 9/15/10 2:46 p.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Schooly D 9/15/10 2:48 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Jillybean 9/15/10 2:53 p.m.
                                   Tech support to the rescueJillybean 9/15/10 3:07 p.m.
                                         Googlefu to more rescueJillybean 9/15/10 3:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Googlefu to more rescueSchooly D 9/15/10 3:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 3:22 p.m.
                                                           THANK YOU *SP*telemachus 9/15/10 3:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: THANK YOU *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 3:32 p.m.
                                                                       Re: THANK YOU *SP*telemachus 9/15/10 3:59 p.m.
                                                                             Re: THANK YOU *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 4:04 p.m.
                                                           Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*scarab 9/15/10 5:17 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*Archilen 9/15/10 5:21 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*scarab 9/15/10 6:28 p.m.
                                               blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkj;kHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 3:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjCody Miller 9/15/10 4:11 p.m.
                                                           Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjBlueNinja 9/15/10 4:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 4:27 p.m.
                                                                 Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjTex 9/15/10 4:34 p.m.
                                                                       Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjSonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 4:36 p.m.
                                                                             Typo :(SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 4:37 p.m.
                                                                             Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 5:12 p.m.
                                                                       The Tru7h. The Whole Tru7h.BlueNinja 9/15/10 4:52 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The Tru7h. The Whole Tru7h.SPARTAN-034 9/15/10 7:38 p.m.
                                                                       Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*RC Master 9/15/10 8:26 p.m.
                                                                             Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Trey 9/15/10 10:57 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Tex 9/15/10 10:59 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Archilen 9/16/10 1:23 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Tex 9/16/10 10:47 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*gspawn 9/16/10 1:54 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Tex 9/16/10 2:38 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*RC Master 9/16/10 8:48 a.m.
                                                                 One word, two intended meanings7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 9/16/10 8:16 a.m.
                                                     Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjSchooly D 9/15/10 4:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjSchooly D 9/15/10 4:53 p.m.
                                                                 Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 5:11 p.m.
                                                                       Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjNarcogen 9/15/10 11:09 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Tex 9/15/10 2:55 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*telemachus 9/15/10 3:04 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 3:06 p.m.
           Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*BlueNinja 9/15/10 4:20 p.m.
     Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Schedonnardus 9/15/10 4:30 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.