Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*
Posted By: Kamerosa <andrew.kamerosky@gmail.com>Date: 9/15/10 1:58 p.m.

In Response To: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP* (Schooly D)

I guess while it felt very overwhelming, you could never really get the scale of things. The whole game I felt like there should be more going on. The rail shooter parts of the falcon were fun, the civi transport getting shot down was a great move, but overall the whole "lone wolf" idea just stuck the whole way through and made no sense with Carter's "No more of that lonewolf stuff" line. I was expecting the tank part to be like the assault on the control room or the H3 equivalent with the scarabs, epic. It helped make everything you did seem insignificant but also made me wonder what Bungie was doing besides butchering the cannon (That is what killed the campaign for me, it made no sense at all, the covi invasion made no sense, and where the heck were the orbital MAC arrays?)

The space part really felt lame, it was novel in the halo universe but it was so short and the tactics of it so basic (Guns then missiles.... really?). Maybe we'll get a DLC of a covi/unsc frigate battle! Now if only we could fly a pelican.... One last gripe is the weapons, the covi mini fuel rod gun was just absurd and the other weapons overall just didn't make sense from cannon.

I love the new reticule, makes so much sense and makes the combat more realistic. The armor locks, so much fun to add some new variety, especially the hologram... very handy that one. In the end, we are really playing for the firefight and multiplay, but I was hoping the campaign would pull me back into it. That and the game seemed really short, like ODST. I wish there was more! Why didn't we see 6 make reentry? How did the team end up in that cave? Why not a fighting banshees off in the back of the pelican while Carter died (Which I still don't understand how he got wounded... the canopy was untouched? And I wanted to kill a scarab! I guess I'll have to see if I can do that on the last mission... take them all down! I was really hoping the armor choices would have effect on gameplay. Part of why I love CoD2 is the rpg aspect, really gives a reason to keep playing. Armor set that gives more grenades at the expense of ammo, more mobility but less protection, 15% constant optical camo with weaker shields? Would have let people really customize their play.

Maybe I just had my standards too high for Reach but it was not worth the $60 I paid for it...

Message Index

Replies:

What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Schooly D 9/15/10 1:01 p.m.
     Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kamerosa 9/15/10 1:58 p.m.
           Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Narcogen 9/15/10 10:54 p.m.
                 Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kamerosa 9/15/10 11:53 p.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kamerosa 9/15/10 11:54 p.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Narcogen 9/16/10 4:54 a.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Kermit 9/16/10 4:38 p.m.
     Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 2:16 p.m.
           Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Jillybean 9/15/10 2:27 p.m.
                 Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 2:36 p.m.
                 Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*T07WRX5 9/15/10 2:46 p.m.
                       Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Schooly D 9/15/10 2:48 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Jillybean 9/15/10 2:53 p.m.
                                   Tech support to the rescueJillybean 9/15/10 3:07 p.m.
                                         Googlefu to more rescueJillybean 9/15/10 3:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Googlefu to more rescueSchooly D 9/15/10 3:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 3:22 p.m.
                                                           THANK YOU *SP*telemachus 9/15/10 3:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: THANK YOU *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 3:32 p.m.
                                                                       Re: THANK YOU *SP*telemachus 9/15/10 3:59 p.m.
                                                                             Re: THANK YOU *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 4:04 p.m.
                                                           Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*scarab 9/15/10 5:17 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*Archilen 9/15/10 5:21 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Googlefu to more rescue *SP*scarab 9/15/10 6:28 p.m.
                                               blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkj;kHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 3:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjCody Miller 9/15/10 4:11 p.m.
                                                           Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjBlueNinja 9/15/10 4:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 4:27 p.m.
                                                                 Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjTex 9/15/10 4:34 p.m.
                                                                       Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjSonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 4:36 p.m.
                                                                             Typo :(SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 4:37 p.m.
                                                                             Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 5:12 p.m.
                                                                       The Tru7h. The Whole Tru7h.BlueNinja 9/15/10 4:52 p.m.
                                                                             Re: The Tru7h. The Whole Tru7h.SPARTAN-034 9/15/10 7:38 p.m.
                                                                       Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*RC Master 9/15/10 8:26 p.m.
                                                                             Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Trey 9/15/10 10:57 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Tex 9/15/10 10:59 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Archilen 9/16/10 1:23 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Tex 9/16/10 10:47 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*gspawn 9/16/10 1:54 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*Tex 9/16/10 2:38 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: blurffdurff who cares who he i*SP*RC Master 9/16/10 8:48 a.m.
                                                                 One word, two intended meanings7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 9/16/10 8:16 a.m.
                                                     Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjSchooly D 9/15/10 4:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjSchooly D 9/15/10 4:53 p.m.
                                                                 Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjHawaiian Pig 9/15/10 5:11 p.m.
                                                                       Re: blurffdurff who cares who he is asdfsgrewijlkjNarcogen 9/15/10 11:09 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Tex 9/15/10 2:55 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*telemachus 9/15/10 3:04 p.m.
                             Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*SonofMacPhisto 9/15/10 3:06 p.m.
           Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*BlueNinja 9/15/10 4:20 p.m.
     Re: What I liked about Halo: Reach *SP*Schedonnardus 9/15/10 4:30 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.