Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Data Pad? *SP*
Posted By: iMonkey777 <n_baker2@polaris.salemstate.edu>Date: 9/14/10 1:42 p.m.

So in my foray into the world of Reach, I've been passively looking for any sort of easter eggs or anything hidden away. Normally, I don't expect to find much, but I think I finally have. When the blast doors separating you in the Sabre opened for the first time, I stood in awe for awhile, and then decided I'd go explore around the area, figuring that this was a spot that most people would be rushing through and maybe Bungie would hide something. Well, in the platform off to the left of the holopad just behind the windows which let you look at the Sabre, there's a couple of what look like servers. There'll be a bank of control panels that overlook the holopad and the Sabre, and on the floor next to a fallen soldier is a small green pad which gives you the option to read it. When I did, there were three pages of text, as follows:

Page 1

when i first got here and woke from stasi5 the ship was crawling with colonists from dead worlds. it was so crowded i couldn't move i to fight to breathe...

Page 2

<< 2491 >> [Minutes, strategy session, Assembly Minority] <<[48452-556-EPNG44] is certainly motivated, but he will have what it takes to follow through with the opportunity when it presents itself?His submissions to UNICOM will undoubtedly spark a renewed interest in the long dormant ORION.

Page 3

However, it is the opinion of the Majority that merely illuminating the path leading from [48452-556-EPNG44's] thesis back to ORION is unacceptable. Strong connectivity between a re-launch of ORION and viable soldiers to the Carver Findings must be readily apparent. Which is to say, easy for our creators to see.

While viewing the data pad, there's some kind of weird background noise which is very reminiscent of the terminals from Halo 3. My guess is that these are the equivalent to terminals in Reach. However, I have no idea what this one means, as there are probably others and would give more context. I'll try and grab some pics of the area so everyone else can find it, if anyone wants me to. Also, sorry of this has been found or mentioned before, and thanks to Louis Wu for the spoiler text code. ;)

Message Index

Replies:

Data Pad? *SP*iMonkey777 9/14/10 1:42 p.m.
     Re: Data Pad? *SP*jlm699 9/14/10 1:54 p.m.
     Data pad audio *SP*thebruce0 9/14/10 2:57 p.m.
           Re: Data pad audio *SP*mnemesis 9/14/10 3:01 p.m.
                 Re: Data pad audio *SP*thebruce0 9/14/10 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: HIDDEN Data Pad *SP*darknesshasfallen 9/15/10 10:23 a.m.
                             Re: HIDDEN Data Pad *SP*jlm699 9/15/10 10:34 a.m.
                             Re: HIDDEN Data Pad *SP*thebruce0 9/15/10 12:31 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.