Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

My turn to overanalyze!
Posted By: Penguin Ninjoid <CarverGeeker@hotmail.com>Date: 6/24/10 7:58 p.m.

In Response To: Re: More small touches (mattroe)

Yay! Here goes:

1) Note the "Spartan" tag at the opening loadout screen. This might point to the possibility of having the option to play Firefight as the Covenant. If we were only able to play as Spartans, then having a Spartan designator tag would be redundant.

2) Mattroe is right, at 0:14 we can see the AR's cocking animation, which doesn't show up on subsequent reloads and weapon swaps. It appears every human weapon has a separate animation for the first time you pick it up.

3) 1:16, the first of the chuckles heard from who we can probably assume is Noble Six's male voice.

4) 1:50 note the uneven gait as the player walks along the railing. It would appear proper walking physics have been applied to adapt to uneven terrain, such as when the player steps on a cable buckle.

5) 2:30 He blows up a container and gets a splatter? Does shrapnel and debris count as splatters now?

6) New reticule for the Wraith, along with a boost meter where the armor ability meter normally is.

7) Overall the plumes from explosions seem much more substantial and dynamic, exhibiting actual particle physics. Also, plasma explosions now emit smoke and plumes like human explosions. You can really tell this when the Wraiths explode. Just look at that plume! So cool...

8) 3:36 The first of multiple graphical glitches with the Wraith showing splashes of water when the Wraith is on dry land. It seems to mainly happen when the Wraith is facing uplifted rocks along the beach.

9) Plasma bolts now have sparks and splash particle animations when they make contact with the Wraith and presumably other objects.

10) The Warthog has headlights with real-time lighting. Also the articulation of the independent suspension seems more accurate and substantial, making the illusion of actual weight more believable.

11) Listen closely and you can hear the discarded shells from the Warthog's turret bouncing off the concrete. Also notice they bounce realistically and there seems to be more of them rendered overall.

12) 6:32 Look at the lighting filter go green and the entire screen become overexposed as the fuel rod round explodes! And I love the audio effect becoming muffled and far away. Reminds me of Saving Private Ryan. Also notice the concussive effect the explosion has on the nearby boxes and crates along with the warthog. I'm really impressed with the improved physics. Also the fuel rod cannon rounds seem to have their own unique explosion plumes that are more yellow and toxic in coloration.

13) 6:37 Notice the scratched paint on the side of the Warthog. More detailed real-time damage?

14) 6:29 Different colored damage indicators on the HUD depending on what kind of damage you're taking? Or is it a particular type of new lens flare unique to the Mjolnir faceplates?

15) Target Indicator...I want one...

http://www.facebook.com/HallofDude

Message Index

Replies:

New firefight 2.0 on Beachhead...GrimBrother One 6/24/10 4:06 p.m.
     Re: New firefight 2.0 on Beachhead...ChenK 6/24/10 4:11 p.m.
     Re: Six's voiceCaptainTony 6/24/10 4:35 p.m.
           Re: Six's voicemattroe 6/24/10 4:36 p.m.
           Wanna know what it reminded me of?Train Dodger 6/24/10 8:24 p.m.
                 Same here lol *NM*TDSpiral 6/24/10 8:40 p.m.
     Did anyone else notice?voho 6/24/10 5:04 p.m.
           Re: Did anyone else notice?pete_the_duck 6/24/10 8:23 p.m.
                 Re: Did anyone else notice?GrimBrother One 6/24/10 8:46 p.m.
                       Re: Did anyone else notice?Ragashingo 6/24/10 9:42 p.m.
     Re: Get out of the Wraith...Hedgemony 6/24/10 5:05 p.m.
     So how much orbital elevators am I seeing?2good4u2 6/24/10 5:09 p.m.
     Re: More small touchesmattroe 6/24/10 5:14 p.m.
           Re: Wraith reticule is amazing! *NM*Minime637 6/24/10 5:39 p.m.
                 Re: Wraith reticule is amazing!bluerunner 6/25/10 9:40 a.m.
                       Re: Wraith reticule is amazing!SPARTAN-034 6/25/10 2:38 p.m.
           My turn to overanalyze!Penguin Ninjoid 6/24/10 7:58 p.m.
                 Who says the alternative has to be Covie?DHalo 6/24/10 8:13 p.m.
                       Re: Who says the alternative has to be Covie?Penguin Ninjoid 6/24/10 8:33 p.m.
                             Re: Who says the alternative has to be Covie?DHalo 6/24/10 8:40 p.m.
                 Re: My turn to overanalyze!P_40E 6/25/10 12:32 a.m.
                       Re: My turn to overanalyze!mattroe 6/25/10 1:48 a.m.
                             Re: My turn to overanalyze!7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 6/25/10 8:08 a.m.
                                   Re: My turn to overanalyze!pete_the_duck 6/25/10 10:08 a.m.
                                         Re: My turn to overanalyze!Metalingus627 6/25/10 5:12 p.m.
                                   Re: My turn to overanalyze!jlm699 6/25/10 12:30 p.m.
                                         Re: My turn to overanalyze!cheapLEY 6/25/10 3:47 p.m.
                                         Re: My turn to overanalyze!mattroe 6/25/10 6:20 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.