Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo Screenshot Extractor (program)
Posted By: HaLo2FrEeEk <halo2freeek@gmail.com>Date: 5/17/10 8:13 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo Screenshot Extractor (program) (DarkS7G)

: Could you use the new "flash drive as a memory card" feature to get
: the data to your PC? I assume they put stuff for that in an even more
: complex or encrypted container to prevent this though.

Yes actually, you can.

The Xbox 360 uses a special file system on their harddrives/memory cards/flash drive mem cards called FATX, based on Windows' FAT file system. Harddrives and official memory cards are supported by all of the major software (XPlorer 360 and XPort are the main ones), but I don't know of any software that's implemented support for the new Flash Drive mem cards yet. They DO use the same format though.

The problem with doing it that way is that you'd either have to copy the entire contents of your Halo reach folder to the flash drive mem card, or you'd have to move each screenshot individually.

I was actually going to write a program to browse the files on a flash drive mem card, but though the file system is laid out very nicely, it's also very complex.

Fear not though, the gentleman who wrote a fantastic library for reading from the Xbox 360 harddrive and official memory cards is working on implementing the ability to read from flash drive mem cards. When he does, I will surely update this program to support it as well. For now, though, you'll need a way to plug in your actual harddrive.

and thanks, Louis, for the frontpage, I wasn't sure if this would fly here or not.

Infectionist Machinima

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Screenshot Extractor (program)HaLo2FrEeEk 5/16/10 9:41 p.m.
     Re: Halo Screenshot Extractor (program)DarkS7G 5/17/10 5:18 a.m.
           Re: Halo Screenshot Extractor (program)HaLo2FrEeEk 5/17/10 8:13 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Screenshot Extractor (program)HaLo2FrEeEk 5/17/10 8:15 a.m.
     Re: Halo Screenshot Extractor (program)profhalo 5/18/10 9:00 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.