Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: How does everyone feel about...
Posted By: Means of Eternal Life <dswensdly@hotmail.com>Date: 2/25/10 6:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: How does everyone feel about... (Metalingus627)

: Kind of already been answered in Contact Harvest.

: *sp, in case you haven't read it* A Forerunner technology being used by the
: Covenant identifies Harvest as covered in Forerunner relics. The Prophets
: show this to the AI in the Dreadnought (Mendicant Bias), who reveals that
: the "Reclamations" are "Reclaimers," and he identifies
: them as his makers. He states his intention to bring them to the Ark, but
: is disconnected before he can leave High Charity. The Prophets realize
: that if the secret got out that their entire religion was based on a lie,
: that all Forerunners had died and partook in the Great Journey, that the
: Covenant would fall apart. So instead they cover it up and order the
: genocide of the human race, to ensure that the secret would never get out.

Not quite. Yes, I have read Contact Harvest; many times in fact, for I've owned a copy since it came out.

With all due respect, your statement has missed the mark. I already know the reasons for the war's start, and that is not my question at all.

If my message and the attendant questions were not clear, than I will make them clearer.

My real question is this; why would the Forerunners designate Humanity as their heirs, but set things up so that it is all but impossible for the "Reclaimers" to claim that position?

Why would they leave so many planets in the galaxy carpeted with easily-accessable Forerunner artifacts, technology, etc. except for Earth, and reseed the worlds with native life?

How was Humanity supposed to claim its inheritance and designated position of galactic sovereign-guardian if they are isolated from their inheritance, while everyone else gets it with no problem?

What kind of succession plan is that?

The Forerunners set up a situation where the Humans are stuck and isolated on their little backwater homeworld, which has none of their inheritance save for a buried portal device and few other facilities, while so many other worlds in the galaxy, notably the Prophet's homeworld and Sangheilios, are carpeted in Forerunner material which they can easily access, appropriate, and abuse.

And that leads to an even bigger question; who was actually meant to get the remaining Forerunner technology and assets first; Humanity, or all the other sentients of the galaxy?

Were the Forerunners intending to punish the Humans for some unspecified reason before awarding them with power and technology, or were they so enamored with their pie-in-the-sky notions of peace, harmony, etc. that they deliberately denied the inheritance that Humanity is designated to get, just to satisfy their doughy-eyed, bleeding-heart, and naive view of the universe?

In that regard, Halo's central conflict aside from the Flood is this; the presumed dependents and inferiors are rebelling and murdering those who are meant to be their masters.

If my reasoning is correct, Humanity is meant to be ruling over all other life in the galaxy, governing the ways in which they live, leaving the other sentients at Humanity's mercy. That basically means that Humanity is designated as superior to all other life in the galaxy, and that it is there duty to enforce their notions of justice, peace, etc. and prevent other civilizations from deviating from Humanity's designs.

That basically says that in the galaxy, there is only one true, righteous, and noble authority; Human authority. By that line of reasoning, only Humanity is fit to operate as the true, supreme ruler over all other life, and that those species and cultures cannot live on their own without being sanctioned and/or approved by their Human masters.

Message Index

Replies:

Updated Forerunner Trilogy Release Date!F1rsTxLas7 2/25/10 7:46 a.m.
     I hope it's worth the wait. *NM*Wildcard Tim 2/25/10 8:45 a.m.
     How does everyone feel about...Urban Reflex 2/25/10 9:12 a.m.
           Re: How does everyone feel about...Mid7night 2/25/10 9:23 a.m.
                 Re: How does everyone feel about...GrimBrother One 2/25/10 10:23 a.m.
                       Re: How does everyone feel about...Means of Eternal Life 2/25/10 2:10 p.m.
                             Re: How does everyone feel about...Metalingus627 2/25/10 2:44 p.m.
                                   Re: How does everyone feel about...Means of Eternal Life 2/25/10 6:27 p.m.
                                         Re: How does everyone feel about...Vincent 2/26/10 2:58 a.m.
                                         Re: How does everyone feel about...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/26/10 9:03 a.m.
                                               Re: How does everyone feel about...Mercury 2/26/10 1:26 p.m.
                                                     Re: How does everyone feel about...Means of Eternal Life 2/28/10 9:23 p.m.
                                                           Re: How does everyone feel about...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/28/10 9:42 p.m.
                                                                 Re: How does everyone feel about...Means of Eternal Life 3/1/10 3:37 p.m.
                                                                       Re: How does everyone feel about...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/1/10 5:04 p.m.
                                                                       Re: How does everyone feel about...Metalingus627 3/1/10 5:05 p.m.
                                                                             Re: How does everyone feel about...Hedgemony 3/1/10 5:16 p.m.
                                                                             Re: How does everyone feel about...Means of Eternal Life 3/1/10 6:23 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: How does everyone feel about...Hedgemony 3/1/10 6:40 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: How does everyone feel about...Metalingus627 3/1/10 8:58 p.m.
           Re: How does everyone feel about...Vincent 2/25/10 2:09 p.m.
                 Re: How does everyone feel about...Metalingus627 2/25/10 2:46 p.m.
     Re: Updated Forerunner Trilogy Release Date! *NM*Frankie 2/26/10 11:20 a.m.
           Frankie, Frankie, Frankie...Louis Wu 2/26/10 11:22 a.m.
                 Re: Frankie, Frankie, Frankie...Frankie 2/26/10 12:30 p.m.
                       Re: Frankie, Frankie, Frankie...Vincent 2/26/10 12:34 p.m.
                             Re: Frankie, Frankie, Frankie...Frankie 2/26/10 5:49 p.m.
                                   ZOMG! *NM*Metalingus627 2/26/10 5:59 p.m.
                                   Re: Frankie, Frankie, Frankie...Hedgemony 2/26/10 6:01 p.m.
                                         Re: Frankie, Frankie, Frankie...terminator182 2/26/10 6:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Frankie, Frankie, Frankie...Hedgemony 2/26/10 7:13 p.m.
                                                     Re: Frankie, Frankie, Frankie...ElusiveEagle519 2/26/10 9:48 p.m.
                                   Look at you!Vandle Valsher 2/26/10 6:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Frankie, Frankie, Frankie... *NM*Samusaaron3 2/27/10 1:14 a.m.
                                   Sequel to Onyx? Wuw *NM*F1rsTxLas7 2/27/10 12:55 p.m.
                       You make me happy. *NM*Mercury 2/26/10 1:21 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.