Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new Sparta
Posted By: FrankieDate: 11/8/09 10:45 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new Sparta (Archilen)

: The thing that kind of bothers me the most is not that more and more spartans
: are being made up for each new product. It is that previously established
: characters, like the ones seen in First Strike, are left pretty much
: faceless; instead of developing them, new ones are always made up. Why is
: that?

Without going into mental Spoiler territory, there are a number of reasons. Some of them will be very clear fairly soon, and some not for a year or more. I know it's asking to take a lot on faith, but this stuff has actually been thought through and there are solid reasons that will become clear.

So you don't all roast me alive, here's one example:

The "Spartan Black" team from Blood Line is a moving unit designation applied to a specific task-oriented group that can vary in size. It's a simple pseudo-official nickname to keep certain types of data hermetically sealed within a mission, so that say, the signalman on a ship isn't blabbing about which Spartans he met (and where).

The other "unaccounted" Spartans (such as Cal) fit correctly into a part of the fiction that isn't out there yet. And there are a couple more still to come. And it's important to note, for the loyalist faction, that a lot of this stuff predates even my arrival at Bungie.

That's not to say we have some artificial stop point and we've figured out every corner of the universe. I am telling you this because you are the single most demanding and informed corner of our fandom, and you have a lot of questions. But as you can imagine, it's exhausting to go through this for every single grain of fiction. But I will tell you stuff that's not spoiler-y, or that isn't going to change.

And as you know, it's not perfect, it wasn't previously, and it isn't going to be in the future. That's not attainable, but at least know that big crazy items have been accounted for.

Message Index

Replies:

Dear Frankie; please stop making up new Spartans.InnerRayg 11/8/09 4:16 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaRosco-128 11/8/09 5:16 a.m.
     HBO: Loose canon. *NM*Stuntmutt 11/8/09 7:18 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new Spartareprobate 11/8/09 7:22 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaArteenEsben 11/8/09 8:27 a.m.
     Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaAfroRyan 11/8/09 8:44 a.m.
           Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaFrankie 11/8/09 10:20 a.m.
                 Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaArchilen 11/8/09 10:27 a.m.
                       Re: Dear Frankie; please stop making up new SpartaFrankie 11/8/09 10:45 a.m.
                             I knew it! *NM*Vincent 11/8/09 10:57 a.m.
                             There's so much love here Frankie.Speedhuntr 11/8/09 5:10 p.m.
                                   I know I love FrankieInnerRayg 11/8/09 5:23 p.m.
                                         Grapes are delicious!!! :) *NM*chris101b 11/8/09 10:15 p.m.
                                   Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Frankie 11/8/09 6:22 p.m.
                                         Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Avateur 11/8/09 6:32 p.m.
                                               Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Frankie 11/8/09 6:41 p.m.
                                               Re: There's so much love here Frankie.j41m3z 11/8/09 7:55 p.m.
                                                     Re: There's so much love here Frankie.Avateur 11/8/09 9:39 p.m.
                             Spartans Never Die...Metalingus627 11/9/09 2:39 a.m.
                                   Re: Spartans Never Die...Ragashingo 11/9/09 3:11 a.m.
                                         My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/10/09 6:21 p.m.
                                               Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 7:07 p.m.
                                                     Re: My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/10/09 7:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 8:18 p.m.
                                                                 Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 8:22 p.m.
                                                                       Re: My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/10/09 9:02 p.m.
                                                                             Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/10/09 10:20 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: My Theory *long*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/11/09 8:26 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: My Theory *long*Leisandir 11/11/09 11:48 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: My Theory *long*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/11/09 11:59 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: My Theory *long*Metalingus627 11/11/09 5:13 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: My Theory *long*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/11/09 6:37 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.