Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challenge
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 10/31/09 1:11 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challenge (UrsusArctos)

: I have a few (rather late) comments to make about the carnage.

That's ok, I think this thread is still just about current, and I'm always happy to get a bit of feedback.

: BCM1 seems to have been made a lot harder thanks to using only the AR and Frags.

Yeah, that was to make for more of a challenge of course. The most enjoyable battling comes when you have to work reasonably hard to stay alive. I actually get a lot of fun out of the AR that way, and it's where I started appreciating the AR (which I'd learnt to avoid on the higher difficulty levels, as it's so weak).

: There should have been a couple of more melees to make things more visceral,
: although I loved the final grunt and elite melees.

That was just the luck of the draw really. I often do dish out a good few whacks in the plateau front defence, but this time the covies didn't get much of a foothold.

: BCM2 was pure Needler carnage. Use that thing right, and it'll be the second
: most dangerous weapon on the ring (The first, of course, being the ring
: itself). So much for Stacker- not even the toughest marines can dodge
: plasma that's coming in nice and slow from a hundred yards away.

Blinkin' useless at avoiding things, those bozos! The Jackals are fiendishly accurate too. Actually I think it's a great aspect of the Covenant's battle tactics in H1, the way Jackals often hang back and pester you with long-range fire. Makes for more variation.

: BCM3 and 4 were a whole lot gloomier and less visually appealing- as a result
: of the level itself, and the presence of those gurgling freaks.

Well I did look around for a light-switch, but the place was a wreck. In addition, the gurgling freaks rebuffed my appeals to smarten themselves up for the camera. "You're gonna be on HBO!" I said, but did they care? Hell no.

: The popgun proves itself yet again, although I think you should've left a couple
: of the combat forms alive and armless, to serve as meatshields. Or perhaps
: those would make it a little too easy?

Possibly you're joking, but no, the last thing you want is anything hindering your movement or blocking your fire. Actually, I'm pretty sure I sometimes got lashed by seemingly armless Human Flood - which was darned annoying. I started being more cautious about those guys after that.

: I look forwards to seeing the other megabattles on video whenever they're
: done. Grunt-splattering forever! :)

More splattering coming soon I expect!

Bad Cyborg - Now with movies and pictures!

Message Index

Replies:

Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeRockslider 10/28/09 9:05 a.m.
     Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeLouis Wu 10/28/09 9:10 a.m.
     Rock, You're Insane, And We Love You. *NM*Morpheus 10/28/09 10:18 a.m.
     Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeGeneral Vagueness 10/28/09 10:20 a.m.
     Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeGeneral Vagueness 10/28/09 10:21 a.m.
           Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeRockslider 10/28/09 10:53 a.m.
     Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeGeneral Vagueness 10/28/09 11:01 a.m.
           Little nibbler chappiesRockslider 10/28/09 11:30 a.m.
                 Popcorn Flood. *NM*Louis Wu 10/28/09 12:29 p.m.
                       So good you'll lose control! *NM*Avateur 10/28/09 12:31 p.m.
                             My favorite brand is Orville Redenflooder. *NM*SonofMacPhisto 10/28/09 6:37 p.m.
                       Re: Popcorn Flood.General Vagueness 10/28/09 6:33 p.m.
                             Re: Popcorn Flood.General Vagueness 10/28/09 7:07 p.m.
           Sticking with 'spores' after allRockslider 10/29/09 9:04 a.m.
                 Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allGeneral Vagueness 10/29/09 10:08 a.m.
                       Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRockslider 10/29/09 12:43 p.m.
                             Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allGeneral Vagueness 10/29/09 3:53 p.m.
                                   Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRockslider 10/29/09 5:45 p.m.
                                         Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allGeneral Vagueness 10/29/09 5:57 p.m.
                                               Plasma sword / energy swordRockslider 10/29/09 7:37 p.m.
                                                     Re: Plasma sword / energy swordNarcogen 10/29/09 11:08 p.m.
                                                           Re: Plasma sword / energy sword7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 10/29/09 11:20 p.m.
                                                     "Plasma sword" sounds more classyUrsusArctos 10/30/09 12:34 a.m.
                                                     Re: Plasma sword / energy swordGeneral Vagueness 10/30/09 8:34 a.m.
                 Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allBry 10/29/09 10:38 a.m.
                 Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRed_Breast 10/31/09 2:44 a.m.
                       Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRockslider 10/31/09 10:27 a.m.
                             Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRed_Breast 10/31/09 3:05 p.m.
                                   Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRockslider 10/31/09 5:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Sticking with 'spores' after allRed_Breast 11/1/09 1:44 p.m.
     Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeUrsusArctos 10/31/09 10:36 a.m.
           Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeRockslider 10/31/09 1:11 p.m.
                 Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeGeneral Vagueness 10/31/09 1:46 p.m.
                       Re: Bad Cyborg movies - Flood onslaught challengeRockslider 10/31/09 2:01 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.