Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Covenant need more ships to fight humanity
Posted By: Bry <bmulheran@gmail.com>Date: 8/28/09 12:43 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The Covenant need more ships to fight humanity (J23)

As far as the ships go, I suppose its worth remembering that up until that point, the Covenant had never really stumbled onto a species as advanced as humans.
The Elites and Prophets were at a more advanced state at the end of their war mainly because of their use of Forerunner tech.
The Brutes and Jackals were a bit further down the ladder, both being Technology Tier 4 instead of 3, so neither had established slip-space technology which was something humans figured out on their own.
And while they were hardly efficient, humanity did actually score some wins in the earlier years.
Not just on the ground, but in space which probably came as a bit of a shock regardless of how it was accomplished.

On top of that,
I think one thing we've picked up about Regret over the games and novels is that he is neither especially patient or restrained.
He knows the implications of what Medicant Bias told him, Truth and Mercy on board the Forerunner Ship, so there is going to be no such thing as overkill there.

But more than that, Regret is very ambitious, something the future Prophet of Truth mulls over several times in Contact Harvest (he also jumped the gun to Earth and Delta Halo).
I imagine this is one of the things that ties CH with HW.
With the Forerunner fleet under Regret's control, who says he would stop at just removing the human threat?
We know the effect a single Forerunner Dreadnought had on the Elite/Prophet's war.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had further reaching plans to become the sole leader of the Covenant, in much a way that Truth eventually does.
The events of HW from the point of view that Regret was acting mostly in his own self-interests, that much of it was his little secret project, always seemed to fit with his established sneaky character.

Message Index

Replies:

The Covenant need more ships to fight humanity!?RyanTheHeretic 8/27/09 4:49 p.m.
     Re: The Covenant need more ships to fight humanityRagashingo 8/27/09 5:25 p.m.
           Re: The Covenant need more ships to fight humanityRyanTheHeretic 8/27/09 6:06 p.m.
                 Re: The Covenant need more ships to fight humanityRagashingo 8/27/09 6:30 p.m.
     Re: The Covenant need more ships to fight humanityscarab 8/27/09 6:46 p.m.
           Re: The Covenant need more ships to fight humanityJ23 8/27/09 11:12 p.m.
                 Re: The Covenant need more ships to fight humanityBry 8/28/09 12:43 a.m.
                       Damn sneaky Prophets..J23 8/28/09 2:34 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.