Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master C
Posted By: ManKittenDate: 3/3/09 4:17 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master C (bluerunner)

: It's a big galaxy. They need to go out and discover new, interesting, exotic
: alien races with mysterious backgrounds. And then kill them.

I don't really like this idea. My personal feeling about story webs is that they should all be connected to a literal Halo. I really enjoy all the side stories, back stories etc. However, it begins to get really washed out when the inspiration to these stories has nothing to do with them.

Basically, it feels like it's getting to the point where the "Halo Array" barely have a part in the story of "Halo".

"Halo 3: ODST" - I can tolerate this title as it tells the story during the "Halo" story arc.

"Halo Wars" - (from what I've seen) this game/story has nothing to do with a Halo. It just uses the same cast of characters.

Is this making sense? Basically, if they want to keep dragging this IP out, fine...but can we at least drop the "Halo" name?

Message Index

Replies:

Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master ChiefAvateur 3/3/09 11:05 a.m.
     Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CDrDoctor 3/3/09 11:08 a.m.
           Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CManKitten 3/3/09 11:13 a.m.
                 Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CBry 3/3/09 11:18 a.m.
                       Well, look at it this wayStarscream 3/3/09 2:33 p.m.
                             Re: Well, look at it this wayAvateur 3/3/09 3:24 p.m.
                 Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CDrDoctor 3/3/09 11:24 a.m.
                       Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master Cbluerunner 3/3/09 11:28 a.m.
                             Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master Czofinda 3/3/09 3:03 p.m.
                                   Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CPkmnrulz240 3/3/09 3:23 p.m.
                                         Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master Cbluerunner 3/3/09 3:43 p.m.
                                               REPUBLICAN SPACE RANGERS! *NM*gunluva 3/3/09 4:00 p.m.
                                                     I told you no bopping the boloney in outer space! *NM*bluerunner 3/3/09 4:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CManKitten 3/3/09 4:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master Cbluerunner 3/3/09 4:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CFrankie 3/3/09 4:29 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CAvateur 3/3/09 4:34 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master Cbluerunner 3/3/09 4:43 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CFrankie 3/3/09 4:52 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CRoss Mills 3/3/09 5:34 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CLoneRanger 2.5 3/3/09 7:04 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master Csharpsniper99 3/3/09 5:54 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CAvateur 3/3/09 6:02 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CRoss Mills 3/3/09 4:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CAvateur 3/3/09 4:31 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CButtskunk 3/3/09 9:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CAvateur 3/4/09 11:34 p.m.
     I still have the feeling there's a FoR game to be *NM*Zerowind117 3/3/09 5:07 p.m.
     Super Smash Brothers Brawl in SPACE *NM*KP 3/3/09 6:44 p.m.
     Re: Msoft: I Doubt We've Seen the Last of Master CGeneral Vagueness 3/3/09 8:58 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.