Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

'I find your lack of faith disturbing'
Posted By: SonofMacPhisto <sethjewett@gmail.com>Date: 11/3/08 5:03 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Cinema Blend console multiplayer. (XMixMasterX)

My reaction is 'Welcome to free-market capitalism, jackass.' If the NHL wrote a piece saying that 'no one watches hockey because everyone watches football,' it would be considered silly and treated as such.

People play Halo not because of the hype (THE GAME IS OVER A YEAR OLD, THERE IS NO MORE HYPE) but because of the party system and the game itself. Like Luke said in that acceptance speech, Bungie creates games that encourage and support COMMUNITY. People LOVE community - they like having friends. With the party system, remember the Chicago LAN TTL had recently? They tried Call of Duty 4, and experienced massive fail because of the inferiority of the party system to Halo 3.

It's FUN to play. It's even MORE FUN to play with friends. I'm having my first LAN ever this weekend, thanks to Halo 3. That should say quite a bit as to WHY Halo is so popular.

*steam out the ears*

Post War - A Halo 3 Comic

Message Index

Replies:

Cinema Blend console multiplayer.Red_Breast 11/3/08 3:51 p.m.
     Re: Cinema Blend console multiplayer.XMixMasterX 11/3/08 4:11 p.m.
           'I find your lack of faith disturbing'SonofMacPhisto 11/3/08 5:03 p.m.
                 Re: 'I find your lack of faith disturbing'Relative Assessment 11/3/08 5:49 p.m.
                       Re: 'I find your lack of faith disturbing'Louis Wu 11/3/08 6:12 p.m.
                             Re: 'I find your lack of faith disturbing'SonofMacPhisto 11/3/08 7:16 p.m.
                             Lack of disturbanceNarcogen 11/3/08 11:24 p.m.
                                   Thanks Narcogen + addtional personal thoughtsSonofMacPhisto 11/4/08 12:22 a.m.
                                         Re: Thanks Narcogen + addtional personal thoughtsNarcogen 11/4/08 2:09 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.