glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Odd question, any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: UNSC_Trooper <unsctrooper@hotmail.com>Date: 8/15/08 11:33 a.m.

In Response To: Odd question, any help would be appreciated. (John_117)

: Well its often I wonder about certain things within the Halo universe, things
: to do with the story in specific. Especially recently with all the
: speculation about Bungies upcoming title... And as of late I've been
: trying so hard to figure out certain things that either A.) The answer
: flat out doesn't exist... or B.) I'm just not doing my research
: properly...

: So therefore, I ask my fellow Halo fans, because I know typically, someone
: within the community always holds an answer, and so my question to anyone
: who can answer it is: Where and or why did the prophets convince
: themselves the Rings would lead them to some holy salvation? Like I'm
: looking for specifics... When did they come to this strange conclusion,
: and where and why did it even originate?

I'm not sure what you mean by "where", but the Prophets always thought the Forerunners became gods when they reached trans-sentience, and that's what they wanted to do too. That's why they fought against the Elites. They weren't necessarily driven by their concern about the Flood's indestructibility, but by the concept of becoming gods and probably also meeting the Forerunners themselves.

As to when they created this concept - I'm not sure, likely at the time when they first found out about the Forerunners, or perhaps they always knew about the Great Journey.

Halo Story Page

Message Index

Replies:

Odd question, any help would be appreciated.John_117 8/15/08 10:32 a.m.
     Re: Odd question, any help would be appreciated.Urk 8/15/08 10:41 a.m.
           Re: Odd question, any help would be appreciated.ManKitten 8/15/08 11:21 a.m.
                 Re: Odd question, any help would be appreciated.UNSC_Trooper 8/15/08 11:27 a.m.
                       Re: Odd question, any help would be appreciated.onebitrocket 8/15/08 2:42 p.m.
                             Re: Odd question, any help would be appreciated.UNSC_Trooper 8/15/08 3:35 p.m.
     Re: Odd question, any help would be appreciated.UNSC_Trooper 8/15/08 11:33 a.m.
     Re: Odd question, any help would be appreciated.sharpsniper99 8/15/08 11:48 a.m.
           Re: Odd question, any help would be appreciated.Grimlock 8/15/08 12:09 p.m.
                 They lied about humanity, but believe the restyakaman 8/15/08 12:20 p.m.
                       shards...vshields ash 8/15/08 1:54 p.m.
                             Re: shards...?yakaman 8/15/08 3:41 p.m.
                                   cortys momvshields ash 8/15/08 5:50 p.m.
                                         Re: cortys momRoss Mills 8/17/08 9:33 a.m.
                                               Re: cortys momvshields ash 8/17/08 6:02 p.m.
                                                     Re: cortys momrhubarb 8/17/08 6:57 p.m.
                                                     Re: cortys momRoss Mills 8/18/08 1:28 a.m.
                                                           Re: cortys mom :)vshields ash 8/18/08 10:11 a.m.
                       Re: They lied about humanity, but believe the restscarab 8/15/08 4:53 p.m.
                             Re: They lied about humanity, but believe the restscarab 8/15/08 5:35 p.m.
                                   Re: They lied about humanity, but believe the restCthulhu117 8/15/08 9:59 p.m.
                                   Re: They lied about humanity, but believe the restdeadguy71 8/20/08 3:22 p.m.
     Re: Odd question, any help would be appreciated.Peptuck 8/16/08 1:05 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.