Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

New screenshot observations/question
Posted By: DarkmanDate: 9/29/01 9:00 a.m.

before i start i'll give you a link to the shot, so if you haven't seen it, you can see it and if you have see it, then look at it as you read through my post.

http://www.planetxbox.com/halo/showimage.asp?src=http://www.planetxbox.com/halo/images/news/cortana_update_092801.jpg

Now, looking at the screen shot the first thing I thought was (in terms of perspective and positioning, the real first thing was 'awesome') that cortana is on the other side of a glass screen. However if you look down you'll see that she is in fact on our side of the glass, now seeing that, the whole thing was thrown out of wack. Now I don't know exactly how to look at this. Is the glass a mirror to whats on our side of the glass and there is nothing behind the glass? I would be willing to see it as that, however the computer terminal (the one next to Cortanas knee) appears to be on the other side of the glass, and if thats the case then it's entirely possible that everything else is on the other side aswell, also if it is a reflection than howcome Cortana is not reflected. However everything (excusing the computer terminal) behind the glass does have that transparent/reflection look to it and it is clearly visible that Cortana is infront of everything we see. Going with the idea that it is actually a mirror to what is behind the camera, then I would suggest we were on the bridge or in a map room. (i apologize that that paragraph isn't very well organised as far as a arguement goes, I was really working off the top of my head from what came to me by looking at the picture, but it gets the point across)

Another way to think about it is this. First of all you need to think of the glass as just a portion of the total room that is sticking up as a screen and is not surrounded by walls, i'll draw a little diagram to help you see what i mean:
|-----------c|-----------|
|_____________________|

(dotted lines in the middle to keep the distances equal)
Now if you look at that, the lines in the middle indicate the screen and the c indicates where cortana is, hopefully that helps you understand what i'm saying abit more. Anyway looking at that you can see that the camera would be just to the left of cortana and looking to the right side of the square, which is what we are seeing in the back ground. This would make sence in so far as how everything is setup, however when you actually look at the screenshot, the background looks much more like a reflection than if we were looking through glass.

So in other words each one of those theorys is possible, but neither really seem right. Anyone care to help me out in my thinking? maybe the whole perspective just came to you when you saw it, but i can't make a solid guess as to how it's setup.

Anyway, it's a pretty unimportant matter but still, discussing stuff like this is what it's all about.

(if you missed the question part of my post the question is: What do you guys think about the perspective?)

Message Index

Replies:

New screenshot observations/questionDarkman 9/29/01 9:00 a.m.
     Re: New screenshot observations/questionLouis Wu 9/29/01 9:28 a.m.
           Re: New screenshot observations/questionLord General MB 9/29/01 3:53 p.m.
                 Re: New screenshot observations/questionkayas 9/30/01 4:24 p.m.
           Re: New screenshot observations/questionvector40 9/29/01 5:25 p.m.
                 Re: New screenshot observations/questionDan Rudolph 9/30/01 12:53 a.m.
                       Re: New screenshot observations/questionvector40 9/30/01 12:57 a.m.
                             Re: New screenshot observations/questionDan Rudolph 10/1/01 1:47 a.m.
                                   Re: New screenshot observations/questionvector40 10/1/01 7:00 p.m.
                                         Re: New screenshot observations/questionvector40 10/1/01 7:02 p.m.
           Re: New screenshot observations/questionSaber 9/29/01 6:15 p.m.
           Re: New screenshot observations/questionDarkman 9/29/01 7:25 p.m.
                 Hologram Emitterjeremedia 9/30/01 2:05 a.m.
                       Re: Hologram EmitterSwitchblade 9/30/01 4:31 p.m.
     Suggested room setupCunbelin The Surly 9/30/01 4:27 a.m.
           Re: Suggested room setupSkeletor 9/30/01 6:26 a.m.
                 Who cares?-mortensenj 9/30/01 1:31 p.m.
                       Re: Who cares? My Nuts *NM* *NM*kayas 9/30/01 4:29 p.m.
     Re: New screenshot observations/questionScalper 9/30/01 2:42 p.m.
           Re: New screenshot observations/questionScalper 9/30/01 2:46 p.m.
                 Brain Cloud.Dispatcher 9/30/01 3:29 p.m.
                       Re: Brain Cloud.vector40 9/30/01 5:06 p.m.
                 Re: New screenshot observations/questionvector40 9/30/01 3:30 p.m.
     You Fools!! It's the POA Bridge!Phallic Effigy 9/30/01 4:33 p.m.
     Re: New screenshot observations/questionVan Fanel 9/30/01 4:48 p.m.
           Re: New screenshot observations/questionDarkman 9/30/01 5:28 p.m.
     Re: New screenshot observations/questionbobby 9/30/01 5:42 p.m.
           Re: New screenshot observations/questionThe Red Fox 9/30/01 7:49 p.m.
                 Re: New screenshot observations/questionDarkman 9/30/01 8:10 p.m.
                       Re: New screenshot observations/questionshamsel 9/30/01 8:36 p.m.
                             Re: New screenshot observations/questionvector40 9/30/01 9:46 p.m.
                                   Re: New screenshot observations/questionDarkman 9/30/01 10:25 p.m.
                                         Re: New screenshot observations/questionvector40 9/30/01 11:37 p.m.
                                               Re: New screenshot observations/questionDarkman 10/2/01 1:42 a.m.
     Re: New screenshot observations/questionOmniscient 9/30/01 10:37 p.m.
     Hehehe. This is GREAT.Sholl 10/1/01 12:12 a.m.
           Re: Hehehe. This is GREAT.Skeletor 10/1/01 1:37 a.m.
                 Re: Hehehe. This is GREAT.The Red Fox 10/1/01 6:17 a.m.
                       Re: Hehehe. This is GREAT.vector40 10/1/01 6:58 p.m.
                             Re: Hehehe. This is GREAT.PsysicTV 10/3/01 12:00 a.m.
     Re: New screenshot observations/questionRandomBoB 10/1/01 9:28 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.