Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Up close with the Pelican and CCS Battlecruiser
Posted By: Bry <bmulheran@gmail.com>Date: 6/4/08 11:20 p.m.

Well, a couple of friends poked me into mentioning this here.
*ahem*

So er, I had a bit of spare time and I decided to make a bit of a series in the scraps folder of my DeviantArt account.
I was always a big fan and very appreciative of Stephen Loftus' articles and how they explored many of the more technical aspects of vehicles (and in some cases locations) within the Halo universe.
Its the closest we have to a Halo based 'Essential guide to Vessels and Vehicles' so I'm really thankful for his efforts in making them.

So along those lines, and thanks to Pete_the_ducks pan-cam tutorial, I started making a few large hi-res shots to cover the Halo 3 vehicles in more detail, and some scenery too.
The main idea was to provide references for people and friends who love the Halo universe.
Ideally, to also inspire those I know that write fan-fiction or draw Halo artwork.
Or just something that looks cool, that's good too.

Aaand now I've been especially encouraged to share them here too, so hopefully it'll be interesting to a couple of folks here too.

So far, I've completed the Pelican and CCS Battlecruiser.
Other vehicles may be coming, lol.

Photobucket limits the upload file size to 1mb, so if anyone wants to see the original full-size images they can either go here (remember to pick the download option for full size):
http://troopakoopa.deviantart.com/gallery/#_scrapbook

or can download a zip file I've put together of shots at full size and quality (though its nearly 50mb).
http://files5.bungie.org/HRS_Full_Size.zip
The zip file has a few more images in it, including the Bridge of Shadow of Intent and a 4000x1839 image of the ship itself (since it seems you sadly can't get to really explore that model. The one time you can, on the Ark, its textures are solid black for some reason, probably to free up processing since there is a large chunk of map and the giant waterfall to render).

Well, I've rambled on enough now, so here we go with the images shrunk down to fit on photobucket.
These are the samplers.

CCS Battle Cruiser (front)
CCS Battle Cruiser (rear)
CCS Battle Cruiser (top)
CCS Battle Cruiser (bottom)
CCS Battle Cruiser (side)

D77H-TCI Pelican (front - landing configuration)
D77H-TCI Pelican (rear - landing configuration)
D77H-TCI Pelican (top - landing configuration)
D77H-TCI Pelican (bottom - forward flight configuration)
D77H-TCI Pelican (side - landing configuration)

[images localized -lwu]

Message Index

Replies:

Up close with the Pelican and CCS BattlecruiserBry 6/4/08 11:20 p.m.
     Re: Up close with the Pelican and CCS BattlecruiseInnerRayg 6/5/08 12:10 a.m.
           Re: Up close with the Pelican and CCS BattlecruiseBry 6/5/08 10:18 a.m.
           Re: Up close with the Pelican and CCS BattlecruiseButtskunk 6/5/08 12:00 p.m.
     Re: Up close with the Pelican and CCS BattlecruiseAtomic Chocograph 6/5/08 12:24 a.m.
     Re: Up close with the Pelican and CCS Battlecruisepete_the_duck 6/5/08 12:38 p.m.
           Re: Up close with the Pelican and CCS BattlecruiseBry 6/5/08 1:05 p.m.
                 Re: Up close with the Pelican and CCS BattlecruiseEastbeast314 6/5/08 1:26 p.m.
                 Hehepete_the_duck 6/5/08 2:22 p.m.
                       Re: HeheBry 6/5/08 2:57 p.m.
     OMGZ!!1!wierd guy off the street 6/5/08 8:27 p.m.
     I love the CCS Battle Cruiser Rear *NM*Aidsterramma 6/5/08 8:29 p.m.
           That's what she said!7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 6/5/08 10:12 p.m.
                 Re: That's what she said!Bry 6/6/08 2:56 p.m.
                       Re: That's what she said!Hawaiian Pig 6/6/08 3:11 p.m.
                             Re: That's what she said!Bry 6/6/08 3:53 p.m.
                                   Re: That's what she said!Hawaiian Pig 6/6/08 4:36 p.m.
           8-) *NM*Hawaiian Pig 6/5/08 10:46 p.m.
     Oh, and many thanks Louis!Bry 6/6/08 2:47 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.