Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Fast Scarab boarding in The Storm
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 3/4/08 2:11 p.m.

Recently in The Storm I got interested in how to destroy the Scarab as quickly as possible and found two fast boarding methods which I've written up at Bad Cyborg (though I expect the tricks brigade have already thought of both - they're fairly obvious in retrospect). There's a Grav lift jump which can get you aboard practically the moment the Scarab arrives, and a Ghost jump off a ramp. Both good fun; I do like paying those covies a surprise visit!

I was wondering whether Bungie actually put the grav lift there with Scarab boarding in mind. I mean, there's that high cylindrical tank there, so it's sort of obvious to go up it and then see if the grav lift can boost you onto the Scarab. But on the other hand you can be at the core so fast that you haven't even had the onscreen "Kill the Scarab tank" message yet, so maybe it wasn't intended after all.

What's up with that message anyway? Kill the Scarab tank? No, I thought I'd wave at it and invite it over for a cup of tea. I mean, like you need to be told to destroy a giant steel bug shooting streams of plasma at you! It's also odd that the message says 'kill', bearing in mind that it's not alive. Or maybe that's just military talk? Do soldiers talk about 'killing' tanks and whatnot?

Anyone got any other unusual ways of taking out this Scarab, via boarding or otherwise? I know about jumping off the crane of course; I assume that's what Bungie intended when Johnson gives his hints about getting on top of it.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Fast Scarab boarding in The StormRockslider 3/4/08 2:11 p.m.
     Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The StormCocopjojo 3/4/08 2:23 p.m.
     Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The StormSimpsons Rule 3/4/08 2:27 p.m.
           Fin-backed smudgesRockslider 3/5/08 12:20 p.m.
                 Re: Fin-backed smudgesSimpsons Rule 3/5/08 1:43 p.m.
                       Re: Fin-backed smudgesNOKYARD 3/6/08 7:48 p.m.
                             Re: Fin-backed smudgesRockslider 3/7/08 2:52 p.m.
                                   Re: Fin-backed smudgesSimpsons Rule 3/9/08 10:57 a.m.
                                         Er, wow. *NM*Rockslider 3/9/08 8:38 p.m.
                                   Re: Fin-backed smudgesNOKYARD 3/9/08 5:48 p.m.
     Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The Stormelpolloguapo 3/4/08 2:53 p.m.
     Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The Stormscarab 3/4/08 3:08 p.m.
           The truth about ScarabsRockslider 3/5/08 12:17 p.m.
                 Re: The truth about Scarabselpolloguapo 3/5/08 1:18 p.m.
                 Re: The truth about Scarabsscarab 3/5/08 2:14 p.m.
                       Re: The truth about Scarabselpolloguapo 3/5/08 2:17 p.m.
     Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The Stormwolfman 3/4/08 3:21 p.m.
           Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The StormRockslider 3/4/08 5:20 p.m.
                 Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The Stormwolfman 3/4/08 6:18 p.m.
                       Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The StormLeviathan 3/4/08 7:11 p.m.
     Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The StormKP 3/4/08 3:37 p.m.
           Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The StormLouis Wu 3/4/08 3:43 p.m.
                 Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The Stormelpolloguapo 3/4/08 3:44 p.m.
                 Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The StormClefton Twain 3/4/08 4:02 p.m.
                 rightMiguel Chavez 3/4/08 4:41 p.m.
                 Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The StormRockslider 3/4/08 5:25 p.m.
                       Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The StormLouis Wu 3/4/08 5:35 p.m.
           thanksMiguel Chavez 3/4/08 4:28 p.m.
                 Ain't happening...wolfman 3/4/08 4:38 p.m.
                       Re: Ain't happening...Rockslider 3/4/08 7:17 p.m.
                             Re: Ain't happening...elpolloguapo 3/4/08 7:22 p.m.
                             Re: Ain't happening...wolfman 3/5/08 12:42 a.m.
           Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The StormButtskunk 3/4/08 5:59 p.m.
     Re: Fast Scarab boarding in The Stormpete_the_duck 3/4/08 5:24 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.