Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*
Posted By: JillybeanDate: 1/3/08 8:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3* (Peptuck)

: She left quite a bit behind. That giant portal is certainly not
: "nothing" and she deliberately designed it so it couldn't be
: found easily. She obviously wanted the facility to be kept a secret until
: humans were ready for it.

You're in quite an argumentative mood at the moment, aren't you :) What I mean is that we have no idea who specifically created the keyship other than 'The Forerunners'. Now later on in the game we get this huge, romantic, sweeping storyline of sacrifice, love and devotion (interestingly enough - Librarian sacrificed herself and Cortana doesn't!) and we retroactively realise what Africa is: ie, her final resting place, her tomb. And it could all have been prevented if she had allowed Didact to come and save her. Passive sacrifice, logical sacrifice, but sacrifice none the less. It's enough to make a geeky girl weep with the romance of it all. Now the Covenant ripped a hole into the earth to find that portal, and nothing of hers was tossed up in the debris? No, we get her story after the main character, the Chief, can never go back to trace it. I find it very frustrating, and even more frustrating when you go back to replay the game and you don't get anything new from it, not in a story perspective.

Replaying Halo you could find Flood running past you, you came to understand (if not love the line) "This cave is not a natural formation" - it wasn't, the Forerunners were immensely powerful and the everyday power you see driving around rescuing marines is accented by the knowledge you gain upon completion. To me, Halo 3 doesn't have that same little kick.

Seeing the Ark for the first time is always a great feeling. Seeing how huge it is and standing on it, looking up at the lotus-like petals is beautiful. But that's still half way through the game. I just don't care about the Earth levels

Message Index

Replies:

Squabbling with Halo's StoryLoneRanger 2.5 1/1/08 7:37 p.m.
     Link please? *NM*Siber 1/1/08 9:00 p.m.
           Link, indeed.Louis Wu 1/1/08 9:05 p.m.
                 That said...Louis Wu 1/1/08 9:05 p.m.
                       Re: That said...LoneRanger 2.5 1/1/08 9:33 p.m.
                       Re: That said...Cody Miller 1/1/08 9:58 p.m.
                             There isn't much new info after H2....Fires7orm 1/1/08 10:38 p.m.
                                   I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Jillybean 1/2/08 1:53 p.m.
                                         Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Cody Miller 1/2/08 4:33 p.m.
                                               Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*OldNick 1/2/08 5:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Jillybean 1/2/08 8:23 p.m.
                                                           Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*reprobate 1/2/08 9:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Narcogen 1/2/08 10:13 p.m.
                                         Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Peptuck 1/2/08 11:23 p.m.
                                               Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Jillybean 1/3/08 8:43 p.m.
                                                     Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Narcogen 1/4/08 7:24 a.m.
                                                           Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Endbringer 1/5/08 4:59 a.m.
                                                                 Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*scarab 1/5/08 8:56 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*LoneRanger 2.5 1/5/08 10:10 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Narcogen 1/5/08 9:04 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I blame the fanboys *sp Halo 3*Endbringer 1/6/08 2:17 a.m.
                             Re: That said...Gravemind 1/1/08 11:20 p.m.
                                   Re: That said...Cthulhu117 1/2/08 6:19 p.m.
                             Re: That said...Charley117 1/2/08 1:31 p.m.
                                   Re: That said...Cody Miller 1/2/08 1:50 p.m.
                                         Re: That said...reprobate 1/2/08 9:59 p.m.
                                         Re: That said...Charley117 1/2/08 11:36 p.m.
                                               Re: That said...reprobate 1/3/08 2:58 a.m.
                             Re: That said...Zeouterlimits 1/2/08 1:51 p.m.
                                   Re: That said...X42-C1 1/2/08 2:10 p.m.
                                         Re: That said...KaiserKold 1/2/08 9:50 p.m.
                                               Re: That said...Zeouterlimits 1/3/08 10:35 a.m.
     Re: Squabbling with Halo's StoryWarp2 1/4/08 10:59 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.