glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!)
Posted By: Beorn <beorn@mac.com>Date: 12/6/07 6:06 p.m.

Hello everyone,
This is a project that I've been working on for about a week now, and I'd like to share it with the community today. Since the Halo 3 Beta I've loved the idea of a "permanent" ranking system to go with my identity on Xbox Live. The ranks Bungie came up with are quite nice but all of the associated graphics online are low-res and require a black background for best appearance (because they are transparent GIFs), so last week I decided to re-draw all of the UNSC Insignia from scratch, with the ultimate goal of having something to share with the community that might be useful to others. :-) Be sure to check out the preview images at the bottom of this posting!

These were drawn by hand in Adobe Illustrator CS3, but I've made some simplified versions that should work with Illustrator versions back to 10. There is also an EPS file of the simplified version for those of you who can't use AI files, although I don't know how extensively it will work (it should be fairly portable, though).

For those of you who don't have vector graphics softare (or just want nice versions of the insignia), I've also rendered out high-resolution transparent PNGs that will allow you to use these graphics without all the hassle and/or expense of vector graphics software. Just check the links below for your favorite insignia and save them to your computer!

I hope you enjoy these; I'd love to hear comments and feedback from folks. I can't guarantee these are exact matches, but I did my best to get as close as I could to the low-res images from Bungie.net. This was a fun project, and I'd love to see what people do with these!

Oh, and a big "thanks" to the folks at HaloWiki.net for putting together the page that made this possible in the first place.

--
Vector Files:

Hi-Res PNGs:

Preview Image – Halo 3 UNSC Insignia (medium | ginormus)

Preview Image – Gunnery Sergeant (Grade 2)

My Halo 3 File Share

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!)Beorn 12/6/07 6:06 p.m.
     ^^ *IMG* warning for above *NM*Beorn 12/6/07 6:12 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!darthbob 12/6/07 6:12 p.m.
           I'd like to see the Spartan Insignia be made.VVM 12/6/07 6:19 p.m.
                 Re: I'd like to see the Spartan Insignia be made.Beorn 12/6/07 6:21 p.m.
                       Re: I'd like to see the Spartan Insignia be made.VVM 12/6/07 6:55 p.m.
                 Partially completed Spartan insigniaCalliope 12/7/07 11:03 a.m.
                       Re: Partially completed Spartan insigniaVVM 12/7/07 1:59 p.m.
                             Re: Partially completed Spartan insigniaCalliope 12/7/07 5:44 p.m.
           Desktop Picture/WallpaperBeorn 12/7/07 1:05 a.m.
                 Re: Desktop Picture/WallpaperCalliope 12/7/07 5:45 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!DarthTHOR 12/7/07 12:49 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!ST 12/7/07 1:41 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!Veegie 12/7/07 2:45 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!Beorn 12/7/07 3:48 p.m.
           Well...Wayward Spleen™ 12/7/07 4:44 p.m.
     *claps*Wayward Spleen™ 12/7/07 4:40 p.m.
           Re: *claps*Beorn 12/7/07 5:47 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!Zetaspark 12/7/07 5:29 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!ST 12/7/07 5:34 p.m.
           Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!Beorn 12/7/07 5:57 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!Zetaspark 12/7/07 7:55 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!ST 12/7/07 8:08 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 3 UNSC Rank/Insignia Artwork (Vectorized!Beorn 12/7/07 8:41 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.