glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?
Posted By: xenøsDate: 11/24/07 4:58 a.m.

In Response To: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def? (Rockslider)

: Does anyone have the full story on this business, or know any useful links?
: And are Bungie really justified in foisting such a qualitatively different
: image on me just because of my TV set-up? What's the reason for it?

I am using a Hi-Def 23" TV with the HDMI cable. I have a nice example of the type of draw distance 'strangeness' I often see; it's in the Mona Lisa picture on Sandtrap.

In the close-up of her face, you can plainly see the plasma pistols and magnums creating her nose and cheek. In the full version (below it) they are semi-transparent. (What's particularly strange is that it's only those two weapon types--maybe because they are smaller?) As I zoom in and out, it's that sort of transition between levels of transparency I often notice. It's not as gradual as it probably should be.

This effect is sometimes apparent just walking through the campaign etc; but only if I am actually looking out for it. It's certainly not enough for me to consider it a serious flaw.

Why does it look so bad for you? I guess either the lower resolution does affect the effect quite badly, or your expectations are higher than mine! Only way to tell is for someone to grab us a couple of videos, showing the same scenes on different systems. Unfortunately I don't have a capture card that can do it. :-(

Message Index

Replies:

Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?Rockslider 11/24/07 3:54 a.m.
     Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?kapowaz 11/24/07 4:10 a.m.
           Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?scarab 11/24/07 6:01 a.m.
                 That's exactly what I get.Spartan Jag 11/24/07 12:18 p.m.
                       Re: That's exactly what I get.scarab 11/24/07 1:50 p.m.
                             Re: That's exactly what I get.Spartan Jag 11/25/07 12:22 a.m.
                       Re: That's exactly what I get.Rockslider 11/24/07 2:40 p.m.
                             Re: That's exactly what I get.scarab 11/25/07 6:54 a.m.
                                   Re: That's ... World Domination.Red_Breast 11/25/07 1:02 p.m.
     Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?RefinedSolid 11/24/07 4:13 a.m.
     Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?xenøs 11/24/07 4:58 a.m.
           Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?Rockslider 11/24/07 2:43 p.m.
                 Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?scarab 11/25/07 7:00 a.m.
                       Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?Spartan Jag 11/25/07 9:08 a.m.
                             Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?scarab 11/25/07 11:51 a.m.
     Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?Red_Breast 11/24/07 11:56 a.m.
           Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?huskerblackshrt 11/24/07 7:36 p.m.
                 Re: Draw distance flaw absent on hi-def?Red_Breast 11/25/07 12:56 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.