Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*
Posted By: scarabDate: 11/15/07 4:35 p.m.

In Response To: Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP* (elpolloguapo)

: We got back through the portal.

So although we saw that the portal opened to operate, you believe that it can operate whilst closed and buried.

Maybe it can but I doubt it. Maybe Bungie slipped up. Opening the 'petals' around the crator rim looks good. Firing the beams into the sky to create the blue globe looks good. Maybe none of those things are required for the portal to act as a reciever.

I doubt it but I don't care too much if you want to believe that it works in two different ways. Maybe robots dug it up b4 activation and reburied it. Again, I don't think that is what happened but I can't say that it did not.

I just don't buy it.

: And Iris showed that humans were NOT forerunners,

Really? how? where is the text? the picture? What shows this?

: there was nothing in there
: that indicated that we were.

What about this?

The anomalous world is in a perilous location beyond the line.
{/THE SECRETS IT HOLDS MUST BE PRESERVED/}
{/PLANS WITHIN PLANS WITHIN PLANS/}
The inhabitants; these unique denizens, must be researched.
They may hold answers to our own mysteries.
{/WHAT IRONY THAT WE DISCOVERED THIS TREASURE, ONLY AT THE END OF THINGS/}
{/BUT WHAT FORTUNE THAT WE STILL HAD TIME TO SAVE THEM/}
The thing we built on that world will vouchsafe their lives,
{/BUT PERHAPS ONE DAY IT WILL BE USED FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE/}
If the plan succeeds, and they are saved, it will be a good world.
If the plan fails,
{/AND THE ADVERSARY SUCCEEDS/}
it will remain an enigma forever
{/WITH NO ONE LEFT TO RECLAIM IT/}

Looks like some connection between us and them to me. I believe that I already know and have stated what that connection is. As has joe Staten in CH. Oh, and then there are the Cortana letters, sparky's comments in Halo, Truth's comments to Johnson in-game in Halo 3, sparky's comments in Halo 3. Halo 2 shows the Covenant belief that all will follow The Path, CH shows us the significance of this. There are the refernces to special Human knowledge of Forerunner stuff in FoR.

That is a large list of pointers to F==H. Bungie would not have bothered to put them in if they didn't intend that F==H.

The transcript does not state that we are Forerunner, it only suggests that we may hold answers to their own mysteries. If this was the only evidence in the entire Halo story then I wouldn't be so sure of what I'm saying.

But you know its not the only evidence. It fits with the rest.

: AGain I state: If the Forerunners 'found' us
: just before the activation, HOW COULD WE BE THEY?!!?

Simple, they didn't know their own origins, they did not know their home world. That is their mystery. That is why finding us presents a possible answer to their own mystery. That is why we must be researched. That is why we must be preserved.

Imagine that they don't know their origins. Obviously that is a mystery.

They encounter many other species, each has a home world, a world that they obviously belong to.

The Forerunners don't have this. They live on installations that have natural habitats that aren't from any world they know. Molecular analysis would show that the flora and fauna on their installations are from their home world. they just don't know where it is.

Then, just before the end, they discover a planet with species similar to those found on their installations. They find members of their own species living there. It looks like this is their home world, their origin.

This is not just because there are primative Forerunner living there. The clincher is that all organisms on the planet are related. I wont bore you with the details but it would be obvious to a biologist that the Forerunner on earth evolved on earth and that it was their home world. It may take time to do all the research but even initial research would be promising.

How could this happen?

I suspect that Bungie have introduced the Precursors to answer that question.

They meddled.

They took specimens from a primative planet, took them somewhere else, and taught them, turned them into a technologically advanced species. Or they enslaved them, or whatever.

Those Forerunners that were translocated gained a technological leg up and lost knowledge of their origins.

Towards the end they find Earth and their machines build the portal. N'Chala watches the Gods as they build their machines.

Message Index

Replies:

Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*yakaman 11/12/07 6:53 p.m.
     Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*elpolloguapo 11/12/07 7:41 p.m.
           Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*yakaman 11/13/07 10:19 a.m.
                 Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*Dundradal 11/13/07 10:28 a.m.
                 Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*elpolloguapo 11/13/07 3:28 p.m.
                       Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*scarab 11/14/07 2:16 a.m.
                             You missed his point, I thinkyakaman 11/14/07 9:06 a.m.
                                   Re: You missed his point, I thinkAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 11/14/07 9:50 a.m.
                                         Re: You missed his point, I thinkyakaman 11/14/07 12:48 p.m.
                                         You're not going to like it *SP*scarab 11/14/07 2:23 p.m.
                                               Re: You're not going to like it *SP*scarab 11/14/07 2:46 p.m.
                                                     Re: You're not going to like it *SP*Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 11/14/07 3:20 p.m.
                                                           Re: You're not going to like it *SP*scarab 11/14/07 6:06 p.m.
                                                                 Re: You're not going to like it *SP*elpolloguapo 11/14/07 6:14 p.m.
                                                                       Re: You're not going to like it *SP*scarab 11/14/07 7:31 p.m.
                                                                             This is my point, exactly.yakaman 11/15/07 4:00 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/15/07 5:11 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/15/07 6:12 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/16/07 7:46 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*Louis Wu 11/16/07 9:55 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/16/07 2:19 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Willfully obtuse?yakaman 11/16/07 5:08 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Wait a second....yakaman 11/16/07 5:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Wait a second....elpolloguapo 11/16/07 5:50 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Wait a second....scarab 11/16/07 5:52 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Willfully obtuse?elpolloguapo 11/16/07 5:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Willfully obtuse?scarab 11/16/07 5:49 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*Louis Wu 11/16/07 9:15 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/17/07 6:13 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*Louis Wu 11/17/07 6:20 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/17/07 1:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*Louis Wu 11/17/07 4:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/17/07 12:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/17/07 1:25 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/17/07 1:30 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/17/07 12:08 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/17/07 2:00 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/17/07 2:10 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/17/07 3:37 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*Cthulhu117 11/17/07 6:17 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*scarab 11/18/07 5:55 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: This is my point, exactly. *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/17/07 6:30 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Cortana LetterNarcogen 11/16/07 9:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Cortana Letterscarab 11/17/07 3:10 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Cortana Letter *SP*Narcogen 11/18/07 6:15 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Cortana Letter *SP*elpolloguapo 11/18/07 6:56 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Cortana Letter *SP*scarab 11/19/07 7:37 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: This is my point, exactly.elpolloguapo 11/15/07 6:06 p.m.
                                                     Re: You're not going to like it *SP*elpolloguapo 11/14/07 3:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*scarab 11/14/07 7:05 p.m.
                                                                 Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/14/07 8:28 p.m.
                                                                       Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*scarab 11/15/07 8:34 a.m.
                                                                             Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/15/07 3:11 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*scarab 11/15/07 4:35 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*elpolloguapo 11/15/07 6:25 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: You're not going to like it *CH* *SP*scarab 11/16/07 8:30 a.m.
                                                           Re: You're not going to like it *SP*Roflsalad 11/18/07 11:20 p.m.
     Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*Orpheus 11/12/07 7:48 p.m.
           Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*elpolloguapo 11/12/07 7:51 p.m.
                 Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*Orpheus 11/12/07 8:09 p.m.
                       Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*elpolloguapo 11/12/07 8:16 p.m.
           Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 11/12/07 9:25 p.m.
                 Re: Humanity-Forerunner Stuff, *CH Spoilers*Dundradal 11/12/07 9:32 p.m.
                 Exactly.Cthulhu117 11/14/07 6:44 p.m.
                       Re: Exactly.elpolloguapo 11/14/07 6:53 p.m.
                             Re: Exactly.Dundradal 11/15/07 9:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Exactly.Cthulhu117 11/15/07 4:53 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.