Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Some fun with Halo 3 screenshots and GIMP
Posted By: thePheonix9 <pajbologna@yahoo.com>Date: 10/5/07 7:17 p.m.

Inspired by Sketch's work in the September 21st WWU, I decided to take some of the screen shots from a recent "swords" game on Epitaph to the GIMP and have a little fun. I used the Filter> Artistic> Cartoon filter on each image and did some work with motion and Gaussian blurs. I didn't organize it in a comic style with panels and such however, I wasn't really going for that. I do like the "cartoon" filter though, which is why I didn't keep the screen captures as they were.

I think there's a lot of potential in comic style machinema and I'm sure we'll see some great works if this catches on.

I know in the update, Adobe Photoshop was recommended, but if you're on a tight budget like me, GIMP works just as well. I know it isn't a full replacement for Photoshop, but at least for this task, it is more than suitable. I also think that GIMPs cartoon filter is smoother than Photoshop's but that's just my opinion.

Also, I am, by no means, experienced with this software. I started using it about a month ago and have only been fooling around with it until now.

So, here are some of my GIMPed screenshots. The last one is my favorite (unfortunately, I'm the steel Spartan XD).

Message Index

Replies:

Some fun with Halo 3 screenshots and GIMPthePheonix9 10/5/07 7:17 p.m.
     Re: Some fun with Halo 3 screenshots and GIMPKLind 10/5/07 8:48 p.m.
     That'd be awesome as the actual game graphics. o_O *NM*Jinno 10/6/07 10:19 a.m.
           Kinda looks like Crackdown..J23 10/6/07 12:45 p.m.
     Re: Some fun with Halo 3 screenshots and GIMPSnaKKer 10/6/07 5:16 p.m.
     GIMPs at sea... *NM*wierd guy off the street 10/6/07 7:33 p.m.
     Re: Some fun with Halo 3 screenshots and GIMPButtskunk 10/7/07 12:47 a.m.
     Re: Some fun with Halo 3 screenshots and GIMPbashveank 10/7/07 11:36 p.m.
           Re: Some fun with Halo 3 screenshots and GIMPPlasmaFire 10/7/07 11:45 p.m.
                 Re: Some fun with Halo 3 screenshots and GIMPbashveank 10/7/07 11:58 p.m.
                       Re: Some fun with Halo 3 screenshots and GIMPPlasmaFire 10/8/07 12:14 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.