glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Campaign Saved Films? Still raining.
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 6/28/07 3:23 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Campaign Saved Films? Still raining. (Red_Breast)

: Anyway do you have plans for Bad Cyborg? I've never felt the need for videos
: but I think an occassional screenshot to point out certain areas you're
: referring to would help. It would just break things up a bit.

Yes, screenshots could obviously be useful as an aid in my instructions, and also just for impact, but I'm more interested in what I can do with movies. Partly they'd be a way of showing people what they can look forward to if they take the time to set up whatever bit of fun I'm talking about. Partly they'd be for sheer entertainment - spectacular battle action and suchlike, even if you're too dang lazy to set stuff up and experience it for yourself. Got some other ideas, but I've got a way to go before I can actually start doing any of that.

: One thing I do think would be cool would be on Suzy's page. Do you know
: anybody who can draw? A Suzy charicature would look great at the top.
: Holding an old style BBC microphone. Do you know the type I mean?

Well for starters it's Suzie not Suzy, but I daresay she'll forgive you. Actually, I've occasionally toyed with the idea of having some sort of playful Suzie imagery, but all I'll say for now is... we'll have to wait and see! A microphone would undoubtedly figure. How could I possibly leave it out? Heck, she's done so much damage with that thing that I'm kind of hoping it might be an unlockable weapon in Halo 3. Could make a nice combo. Battle rifle for the main killing, Suzie's microphone for melee work; unbeatable!

: As for the 360 I bought Perfect Dark Zero.

I remember having quite a long go on that in a shop, but I felt that the replay value might be low, with some sections becoming dull once you figure out how to open doors etc. Perhaps too much a case of pattern-learning? I also wasn't getting the sort of fluid combat feel I know is possible from Halo, and I maybe thought that enemies were too sparse (compared with the plentiful battle fodder we get in Halo). But I realize that a full judgement isn't fair from my limited play.

I definitely remember not being keen on the spikey hair though. Did she also have manga-like qualities, legs unrealistically long and suchlike? I forget, but if she did have a case of the ol' stilt-legs, that would've counted against the game for me.

On the other hand, I've got a couple of reviews on file and I see that one of them is jolly enthusiastic about all the weaponry. If I do get a 360, maybe I'll give it some consideration.

One review mentions some 'techno-rock' music sometimes being intrusively loud, so perhaps you can tell me this. Can the music be turned off?

: DoA I requested more in the case of being a Halo collector. You can use a fermale Spartan to fight with.

So I heard. But I also saw a screenshot and thought it might just as well be a male Spartan. There didn't seem much of a feminine look there, which seemed really odd, given the usual look of DOA's lady combatants! Maybe it was an early screenshot and they eventually spiced her up a bit?

: Anyway with a 360 you get XBoX Live Silver free. You can download demos.

Aha, useful - I'll remember that.

Message Index

Replies:

Campaign Saved Films?The Lamonster 6/20/07 7:55 p.m.
     Re: Campaign Saved Films?Sir Topham Hat 6/20/07 11:40 p.m.
           Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. *NM*The Lamonster 6/21/07 1:40 a.m.
           Re: Campaign Saved Films?Cody Miller 6/21/07 7:04 a.m.
                 Re: Campaign Saved Films?scarab 6/21/07 8:00 a.m.
                       Re: Campaign Saved Films?Red_Breast 6/21/07 6:34 p.m.
                             Re: Campaign Saved Films?scarab 6/22/07 8:07 a.m.
                                   Re: Campaign Saved Films?Red_Breast 6/22/07 9:20 a.m.
                                         Re: Campaign Saved Films?Rockslider 6/25/07 4:51 p.m.
                                               Re: Campaign Saved Films? Lovely weatherRed_Breast 6/26/07 7:12 a.m.
                                                     Re: Campaign Saved Films? Lovely weatherRockslider 6/26/07 5:35 p.m.
                                                           Re: Campaign Saved Films? Still raining.Red_Breast 6/27/07 10:23 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Campaign Saved Films? Still raining.Rockslider 6/28/07 3:23 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Campaign Saved Films? Rain break.Red_Breast 7/1/07 1:21 p.m.
                                               Re: Campaign Saved Films?One One Seven 7/1/07 3:04 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.