Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Spore herding in the Library
Posted By: Rockslider <bad.cyborg@virgin.net>Date: 6/28/07 12:18 p.m.

Normally I take a good while to refine Bad Cyborg fun before posting it, but this time I'm just too darned keen to share something. I've been lurking in the H1 Library lately and I think I may have invented a new sport. Spore herding!

Have you ever gone left at the first door? It's a dead end and you'll get mobbed by a mass of spores - and hey, there's a hidden medkit and shotgun I never knew about! I did this a few days ago and started having fun with the unusually large crowd. When you move around in a circle, they tend to form into a ring as they leap at you - a cute little Halo of miniature assassins! Or, let them attack in a massive stream of rapid popping; pretty amusing if you don't mind being nibbled alive.

Then I got to thinking, just how many spores can I get? And why the heck did I never think of that before? It turns out to be quite easy to build up the herd, harvesting carriers bit by bit to swell the numbers. You can get a vast sea of spores swarming about the place - quite a sight.

Anyway, I've written up an article based on my experiences so far: see Spore herding in my level 7 fun section. It mentions various matters yet to be explored. If anyone wants to join in with the probing or simply report on how big a herd they've managed (if you can count the little devils), I'm listening.

Anyone know if this idea has been mentioned before? I've heard of people collecting armless combat Flood, but not spores.

Bad Cyborg - Now knee-deep in spores

Message Index

Replies:

Spore herding in the LibraryRockslider 6/28/07 12:18 p.m.
     Re: Spore herding in the LibrarySpartan Jag 6/28/07 12:37 p.m.
     That's what I call Emergent Gameplay! *NM*The Lamonster 6/28/07 1:14 p.m.
     Re: Spore herding in the LibraryMLA 6/28/07 2:30 p.m.
     And how about collecting carriers?Rockslider 6/28/07 3:15 p.m.
     Update, including something spectacularRockslider 6/29/07 12:13 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.