Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Campaign Saved Films? Lovely weather
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 6/26/07 5:35 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Campaign Saved Films? Lovely weather (Red_Breast)

: No wonder you haven't seen many movies. Must take ages to download each one.

Hah, I wouldn't even bother trying! I don't see them at home, I've been using a public library occasionally. As for companies pestering me to sign up for Broadband, they can wait until I'm darned well ready.

: I've had problems with BT like most people but I don't think: I will ever change.
: I just don't want to bring a 3rd party into things. If you change and don't like it
: then it can be murder getting you're MAC address back

I'd always strive to avoid BT with the largest bargepole available. As for your MAC, I believe that suppliers are now legally obliged to give it if you ask for it. That's expressly to make it easier for people to change supplier when they want.

: About buying a 360. No I wouldn't say tight-fisted.

Hey, no need to backtrack, I said 'Good call' already; let's stick with tight-fisted!

: At our ages...

Cough wheeze splutter! I wish you wouldn't use phrases like that; it'll scare the youngsters. Kinda scares me when you put it like that. But I don't put it down to age anyway. As far as videogaming goes, H1 continues to deliver all the FPS kicks I need, so I've simply never felt much need for a 360, or indeed other Xbox games. I did get Brute Force years ago, but you can get a fair idea of what I thought of that on my old Soapbox page. Hawk was damn cute though...

Occasionally other shooters have piqued my interest, but I've almost always ended up not bothering to buy them in the end, as I have so little confidence in getting an enjoyable gaming experience out of it. I've been disappointed too often. The last game I bothered trying was Tomb Raider Legend (by Crystal Dynamics), but right away I found character control awkward. Turning was way too sensitive, making it bizarrely hard to point the character exactly where I wanted. And was there an option to vary the sensitivity? Hell no.

But there was one particular design element that aggravated the hell out of me. That was a bit where she's got to do some sort of nifty jumping as the ground gives way, and you're meant to do some button pressing at just the right time within a cutscene to do it. Well, for starters I'm against that idea because within such a cutscene you're basically on rails and lose any sensation of true control. But more to the point, the window for this button pressing was so absurdly small and unjudgeable that you stood almost no chance of survival. I literally had to take dozens of attempts, every one of which had zero gameplay value and tested my willpower for not throwing the control pad at the TV screen. It was an exercise in utter dumbness, and that's when I'd had enough. I got my money back because the shop had sold it on a 'money back if you don't like it' basis. Not that they bothered asking me what I'd objected to.

Actually the whole game seemed utterly obsessed by little cutscenes, which kept taking you out of the immersive experience you might otherwise have had; so that was another basic flaw from my perspective. You'd get a cutscene even for something as simple as walking into a room. Ack! Calming down now...

: Maybe somebody half my age is reading this and gets the impression
: I'm saying all young people are bad with money. Far from it.

Aw, you're no fun. Can't we put the boot in just for the hell of it? I say they're all too busy spending it on recreational drugs and loose trousers. Or maybe loose drugs and recreational trousers, some of 'em. Either way, they should be banned from the streets and told to snap out of it.

: I love the Halo story and going for items like the Scarab gun. Not the one on the
: Metropolis bridge. I'm talking about those actually spat out by the Scarab.

Huh? You've lost me there. The Scarabs are those big steel bugs, right? I think I recall two of them, but I can't recall them spitting out anything except maybe some plasma (it's been a while).

Message Index

Replies:

Campaign Saved Films?The Lamonster 6/20/07 7:55 p.m.
     Re: Campaign Saved Films?Sir Topham Hat 6/20/07 11:40 p.m.
           Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. *NM*The Lamonster 6/21/07 1:40 a.m.
           Re: Campaign Saved Films?Cody Miller 6/21/07 7:04 a.m.
                 Re: Campaign Saved Films?scarab 6/21/07 8:00 a.m.
                       Re: Campaign Saved Films?Red_Breast 6/21/07 6:34 p.m.
                             Re: Campaign Saved Films?scarab 6/22/07 8:07 a.m.
                                   Re: Campaign Saved Films?Red_Breast 6/22/07 9:20 a.m.
                                         Re: Campaign Saved Films?Rockslider 6/25/07 4:51 p.m.
                                               Re: Campaign Saved Films? Lovely weatherRed_Breast 6/26/07 7:12 a.m.
                                                     Re: Campaign Saved Films? Lovely weatherRockslider 6/26/07 5:35 p.m.
                                                           Re: Campaign Saved Films? Still raining.Red_Breast 6/27/07 10:23 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Campaign Saved Films? Still raining.Rockslider 6/28/07 3:23 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Campaign Saved Films? Rain break.Red_Breast 7/1/07 1:21 p.m.
                                               Re: Campaign Saved Films?One One Seven 7/1/07 3:04 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.