Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Campaign Saved Films? Lovely weather
Posted By: Red_Breast <dpupohdi@hotmail.com>Date: 6/26/07 7:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Campaign Saved Films? (Rockslider)

Hi. I noticed you're with Virgin. Have they never emailed you about going for broadband? No wonder you haven't seen many movies. Must take ages to download each one.
I've always had BT Broadband. I don't have a bank account (I had one once. Such a bad experience I've refused ever since. I've reached 40 without one so..)
So anyway I have BT Broadband. Only account I could get that I pay with my quarterly bill. I often see cheaper deals and I've had problems with BT like most people but I don't think I will ever change. I just don't want to bring a 3rd party into things. If you change and don't like it then it can be murder getting you're MAC address back which each you need. Sometimes I'm on the phone long enogh with BT without doing it all again with the DSL provider. And like I said without a bank account you don't have much choice. When broadband first came to Seaton, Devon (yes I live by the sea) the fastest was 512Kbit or 1/2Mbit. BT have upgraded me, without me being even aware, twice. First to 1Mbit, then 2.2Mbit.
I don't know about Apple Macs though. Isn't all broadband the same?
About buying a 360. No I wouldn't say tight-fisted. I remember Captain Spark's thread about his birthday and you posted in that. Like I say I'm 40. At our ages you're just more careful with your money. I always find it hard saying things like I just said without an explanation though. Maybe somebody half my age is reading this and gets the impression I'm saying all young people are bad with money. Far from it. I'm sure I'm right in saying though that in general people in their 40s are more careful than say teens and 20s.
Even if Halo3 is only about the same as Halo2 though I won't regret buying a 360. Say I was to give the first Halo a 10/10 I'd give the second a 6, or 7. Let's say 6.5/10. But I still prefer it to anything else out there. I love the Halo story and going for items like the Scarab gun. Not the one on the Metropolis bridge. I'm talking about those actually spat out by the Scarab. The game has given me loads of enjoyment. By the way if you do buy a 360 go for the Premium. You get the hard drive and wireless controller. I'm sure I've read that campaign can be filmed. Not 100% on that. But if it is and you want to record you will fill up a memory card in no time.
What I said about c0ld vengeance. I emailed Louis for some advice once. I only tried that because I'd emailed news about a Halo related item, I think, and he emailed back. I was surprised. Anyway it was VGA related and he said c0ld should be able to help. I emailed him and he asked if I had MS Messenger but by then my problem was solved. If you try him maybe mention this. I suggested him as he's English and might know what's the best/cheapest capture device avaliable. I know you can get cheap which just take composite. A bit more money and they take S-video as well. You can get some which will take component and RGB. Ovbiously dearer. Talking of S-video I believe some movie makers record directly to video cameras. Digital and analog.
Well the weather seems to be clearing. I got soaked yesterday. Glad I don't live in Sheffield:)
Cheers.

Message Index

Replies:

Campaign Saved Films?The Lamonster 6/20/07 7:55 p.m.
     Re: Campaign Saved Films?Sir Topham Hat 6/20/07 11:40 p.m.
           Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. *NM*The Lamonster 6/21/07 1:40 a.m.
           Re: Campaign Saved Films?Cody Miller 6/21/07 7:04 a.m.
                 Re: Campaign Saved Films?scarab 6/21/07 8:00 a.m.
                       Re: Campaign Saved Films?Red_Breast 6/21/07 6:34 p.m.
                             Re: Campaign Saved Films?scarab 6/22/07 8:07 a.m.
                                   Re: Campaign Saved Films?Red_Breast 6/22/07 9:20 a.m.
                                         Re: Campaign Saved Films?Rockslider 6/25/07 4:51 p.m.
                                               Re: Campaign Saved Films? Lovely weatherRed_Breast 6/26/07 7:12 a.m.
                                                     Re: Campaign Saved Films? Lovely weatherRockslider 6/26/07 5:35 p.m.
                                                           Re: Campaign Saved Films? Still raining.Red_Breast 6/27/07 10:23 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Campaign Saved Films? Still raining.Rockslider 6/28/07 3:23 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Campaign Saved Films? Rain break.Red_Breast 7/1/07 1:21 p.m.
                                               Re: Campaign Saved Films?One One Seven 7/1/07 3:04 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.