Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Kill 'em all speed runs
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 6/20/07 12:34 p.m.

Recently in the HBO news, Louis reported that High Speed Halo had a new section on speed runs in which you kill all enemies. But I was disappointed to find that their Full Path Halo runs aren't about killing all enemies after all; they seem to be just like their normal unconditional speed runs except that you have to cover the whole level rather than missing entire chunks of it via one trick or another. As such, it's still about bypassing as much combat as you can; which just ain't right to a trigger-happy cyborg like myself. Naughty Louis - but he can blame his source I guess, a well-known trickster beginning with D.

Anyway, it prompted me to completely rework Bad Cyborg's section on Kill 'em all speed runs (in H1), which dates back to June 2005. The original piece just gave the rough idea but this relaunch gets serious, going into carefully considered play-tested detail on rules, aimed squarely around plain old trick-free combat that takes full advantage of everything Bungie laid on for us, rather than skipping as much of it as possible. Speed runs for cyborgs who want to leave a trail of destruction in their wake!

I've included some run times if you want something to compete against for starters. Sorry no videos (maybe one day), but if any site is interested in starting their own video section for this type of speed run, be my guest.

Talking of which, can any helpful person suggest any links to videos of serious trick-free single-player combat, and without any annoying music dubbed over the gameplay? I've not had much luck finding stuff like that. And some of the stuff I have seen has been so gung-ho that I was repeatedly wincing as the player diced with near-death experiences, shield bleeping madly. I want to see some sharp serious soldiering, where it looks like the player actually has an interest in living to see tomorrow!

Bad Cyborg - Carnage at any speed you like

Message Index

Replies:

Kill 'em all speed runsRockslider 6/20/07 12:34 p.m.
     Re: Kill 'em all speed runsDucain 6/20/07 4:08 p.m.
           Re: Kill 'em all speed runsRockslider 6/20/07 8:26 p.m.
     Re: Kill 'em all speed runs...hmm...vshields ash 6/20/07 4:46 p.m.
           Re: Kill 'em all speed runs...hmm...Rockslider 6/20/07 8:36 p.m.
     Re: Kill 'em all speed runsCody Miller 6/20/07 4:56 p.m.
           Re: Kill 'em all speed runsRockslider 6/20/07 8:16 p.m.
           Re: Kill 'em all speed runsSlith 6/20/07 8:35 p.m.
                 Re: Kill 'em all speed runsRockslider 6/21/07 12:32 p.m.
           How many Flood in the Library?Rockslider 6/21/07 6:23 p.m.
     Re: Kill 'em all speed runsmike miller 6/21/07 3:12 a.m.
           Re: Kill 'em all speed runsDucain 6/21/07 7:18 a.m.
           Some old gameRockslider 6/21/07 12:25 p.m.
                 Re: Some old gamescarab 6/22/07 1:35 a.m.
                 Re: Some old gameThorsHammer 6/22/07 3:04 a.m.
                       Hey Mike...Rockslider 6/22/07 3:50 p.m.
                             Re: Hey Mike...Louis Wu 6/22/07 7:05 p.m.
     Re: Kill 'em all speed runsocean fx 6/22/07 6:34 a.m.
           Serious soldieringRockslider 6/22/07 3:57 p.m.
                 Re: Serious soldieringocean fx 6/23/07 9:48 a.m.
                       Movie-making advice requestedRockslider 6/23/07 5:49 p.m.
                             Re: Movie-making advice requestedRed_Breast 6/24/07 4:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Movie-making advice requestedRockslider 6/25/07 4:59 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.