Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*
Posted By: Leviathan <levihoff@yahoo.com>Date: 6/6/07 9:14 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs* (Jman)

: Looks great! If you don't mind me asking, what programming language are using
: to create this? You must be pretty good at it...

You can check out some more explanation on my first thread about the program. It's not a super-hard to use coding, mostly input with the program trying to assist you. BUT what makes it probably more difficult than other codes, is that it is designed soley for RPGs. Baaad RPGs at that. It has a built-in, turn based battle system which is in first person (so you don't see anything about your characters), and it's all very stiff and minimalistic in its animations. I just threw that whole thing, and it's built-in leveling up system out the window for this Halo game. It took me a loooooong time to figure out how to simulate shooting and collision detection and stuff like that with this kind of coding/scripting. It's almost impossible! So many, long, tedious ways of doing what would seem so simple in other 2d games, it drives you crazy! It's similar to trying to build a robot out of an car engine, I'd say. I'm rambling now aren't I?

Anyway, I've learned alot about coding, variables, algorithms, and that all helps out trying to learn any other coding that I've taken a gander at.

Thanks everyone for the replies! :)

Practice

Message Index

Replies:

Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*Leviathan 6/6/07 8:24 a.m.
     HOTT *NM*The Cancers 6/6/07 8:30 a.m.
     Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*Spu7n1k 6/6/07 8:32 a.m.
     Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*Spartan Jag 6/6/07 8:32 a.m.
           Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*Leviathan 6/6/07 9:20 a.m.
                 Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*Henkka 6/6/07 9:44 a.m.
                       Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*kr-1426 6/6/07 2:14 p.m.
     Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*Elnea 6/6/07 3:07 p.m.
     Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*Jman 6/6/07 3:09 p.m.
           Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*Leviathan 6/6/07 9:14 p.m.
                 Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*Mister Froggy 6/6/07 10:02 p.m.
     SEXEH!!!Guesty-Persony-Thingy 6/6/07 9:35 p.m.
     Re: Halo: pixelated (project update)*LOTS of IMGs*Slimby 6/6/07 10:02 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.