Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Campaign stats
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 2/5/07 4:25 p.m.

In Response To: Re: What's the attraction of points etc? (Miguel Chavez)

: On a tangent from 'achievements'... your comment above is exactly why I don't
: want a 'scoreboard' at the end of each campaign level as others have
: mentioned Halo 3 "should have". It takes away from the fantasy
: of being a marine cyborg. I always hated those tallies at the end of
: levels in other games... esp. when they mention 'secrets found'. Argh!

Absolutely. I'd hate that too. But surely Bungie wouldn't do that to us. Thus far, the campaign modes look to have been designed with an immersive atmosphere of realism in mind. That's part of why I came to think of H1 as a real grown up game, happily free of artificial 'points' and other such arcade-game elements. You just had the mission, plain and simple. You were a cyborg battling the Covenant for human survival, not a videogamer battling a game for points. Different mindset altogether.

With that atmosphere in mind, stats after a level would be completely out of place. Ok I guess I'd soon get used to automatically hitting a 'skip' button however many times it took to get the tawdry things off the screen, but that would be a continual annoyance.

Of course, I've no objection to stats being viewable elsewhere for folk who specifically want to take a look. It would also be ok if there was an option you could set, for whether to see stats after a level. The latter plan would satisfy everyone, except perhaps Bungie. They seem a bit stingy with options (e.g. no music volume control), so I can imagine them not wanting one, and just going with whatever preference they have. In that case, either the stats fans or folk like myself are going to be disappointed. I'd think I'd actually LIKE an option for seeing stats after a level, because even I might have an occasional use for it; e.g. to see how long a speed run took.

Just out of interest, what campaign stats would folk like to see anyway? Or has there already been a big thread about that? I'm struggling to think of anything much that I'd be interested in, other than 'Duration' being useful for speed runs.

Bad Cyborg - Carnage at the click of a button

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 3 achievements.Gravemind 2/2/07 3:00 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Narcogen 2/2/07 5:53 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3 achievements.Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/2/07 10:14 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Spartan - 116 2/2/07 6:33 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.PharoahsRaiment 2/2/07 6:50 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Sep7imus [subnova] 2/2/07 7:24 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.DarkSim 2/2/07 10:02 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.PsychoRaven 2/2/07 11:10 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Psychophan7 2/2/07 2:24 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.GhaleonEB 2/2/07 3:09 p.m.
           Medal for getting through without dyingRockslider 2/2/07 5:12 p.m.
                 Re: Medal for getting through without dyingKanbo 2/6/07 9:41 p.m.
     What's the attraction of points etc?Rockslider 2/2/07 4:16 p.m.
           Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DarkSim 2/2/07 4:46 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DangerousHippo 2/2/07 8:29 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Louis Wu 2/3/07 6:33 a.m.
                       Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Cody Miller 2/3/07 10:44 a.m.
                       Be fair LouisRockslider 2/3/07 4:54 p.m.
                             Re: Be fair LouisLouis Wu 2/3/07 5:03 p.m.
           Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/2/07 7:31 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Sep7imus [subnova] 2/3/07 8:09 a.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DS 2/3/07 11:04 a.m.
                       Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Sep7imus [subnova] 2/3/07 2:51 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/3/07 3:19 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DS 2/3/07 3:20 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Ma1agate 2/3/07 4:21 p.m.
                                   Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Rockslider 2/3/07 7:03 p.m.
                                         Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360?3Suns 2/3/07 7:44 p.m.
                                               Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Rockslider 2/4/07 8:04 a.m.
                                                     Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360UrsusArctos 2/4/07 8:17 a.m.
                                                     Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Sep7imus [subnova] 2/4/07 9:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Rockslider 2/4/07 3:32 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360DS 2/4/07 4:44 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/4/07 9:58 p.m.
                                   Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Miguel Chavez 2/4/07 10:31 p.m.
                                         Campaign statsNarcogen 2/5/07 12:42 a.m.
                                               Re: Campaign statsMiguel Chavez 2/5/07 3:40 a.m.
                                                     I just want a killcount at the end... *NM*Rox 2/5/07 4:35 a.m.
                                                     Body Count DOES blow. Steal the Bacon FTW!! *NM*Ma1agate 2/5/07 10:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Campaign statsNarcogen 2/6/07 10:48 p.m.
                                         Campaign statsRockslider 2/5/07 4:25 p.m.
                                               Re: Campaign statsDS 2/5/07 5:40 p.m.
                                               Campaign stats - two more thoughtsRockslider 2/6/07 12:56 p.m.
                                               Stats I'd Like To SeeNarcogen 2/7/07 12:29 a.m.
                                                     Re: Stats I'd Like To SeeRockslider 2/7/07 5:32 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Rockslider 2/3/07 6:57 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Coffin Joe 2/3/07 5:46 p.m.
           Another reason to chalk up Achievement points3Suns 2/6/07 8:41 p.m.
                 Re: Another reason to chalk up Achievement pointstak 2/6/07 10:31 p.m.
                       Re: Another reason to chalk up Achievement pointsTelTura 2/6/07 11:07 p.m.
                 Re: Another reason to chalk up Achievement pointsDS 2/7/07 8:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.