Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Campaign stats
Posted By: Narcogen <narcogen@rampancy.net>Date: 2/5/07 12:42 a.m.

In Response To: Re: What's the attraction of points etc? (Miguel Chavez)

: On a tangent from 'achievements'... your comment above is exactly why I don't
: want a 'scoreboard' at the end of each campaign level as others have
: mentioned Halo 3 "should have". It takes away from the fantasy
: of being a marine cyborg. I always hated those tallies at the end of
: levels in other games... esp. when they mention 'secrets found'. Argh!

Even in Myth?

I don't know... somehow, I managed to keep one thread of my mind on the story of the Legion fighting against Balor, the Fallen Lords, and then Soulblighter... and then another on my kills, deaths, vets, and damage ratios, which were very useful and enjoyable to have.

I don't see where Halo 3 campaign statistics would be any more invasive than Myth's.

And then, of course, there's always that coward's way out and the bane of those who must provide code support: make it an option! Like turning subtitles on or off during cutscenes, let users choose whether they want their progression through the campaign interrupted by statistics, or not.

Or else just have the game track the statistics, but keep them buried in a menu somewhere. Have the box keep a statistical record of games played, just the way Bungie.net currently does for multiplayer games, and allow the game viewer to browse them when requested to by the user.

If you don't want to see them-- don't look.

The game already tracks statistics so it can report to bungie.net. It already browses them, since you can review y our stats after an online Halo 2 match. It occurs to me that having at least the same level of reporting for a campaign level (shots fired, headshots, deaths) might be fairly trivial. The game's not doing anything new, just applying old tricks to a new context.

I, for one, might want to see how many times I died finishing a level. Or how many kills I made, and how. Or my shooting accuracy.

: Hit me up with stats (which I'll probably ignore more often than not anyway)
: in Halo3 MP, but in Campaign mode? Leave me alone with the storyline
: please.

Sure-- so don't look. I'd like them to be there to see, though.

: - M

Halo 2 Impressions

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 3 achievements.Gravemind 2/2/07 3:00 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Narcogen 2/2/07 5:53 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3 achievements.Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/2/07 10:14 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Spartan - 116 2/2/07 6:33 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.PharoahsRaiment 2/2/07 6:50 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Sep7imus [subnova] 2/2/07 7:24 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.DarkSim 2/2/07 10:02 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.PsychoRaven 2/2/07 11:10 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.Psychophan7 2/2/07 2:24 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3 achievements.GhaleonEB 2/2/07 3:09 p.m.
           Medal for getting through without dyingRockslider 2/2/07 5:12 p.m.
                 Re: Medal for getting through without dyingKanbo 2/6/07 9:41 p.m.
     What's the attraction of points etc?Rockslider 2/2/07 4:16 p.m.
           Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DarkSim 2/2/07 4:46 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DangerousHippo 2/2/07 8:29 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Louis Wu 2/3/07 6:33 a.m.
                       Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Cody Miller 2/3/07 10:44 a.m.
                       Be fair LouisRockslider 2/3/07 4:54 p.m.
                             Re: Be fair LouisLouis Wu 2/3/07 5:03 p.m.
           Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/2/07 7:31 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Sep7imus [subnova] 2/3/07 8:09 a.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DS 2/3/07 11:04 a.m.
                       Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Sep7imus [subnova] 2/3/07 2:51 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/3/07 3:19 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?DS 2/3/07 3:20 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Ma1agate 2/3/07 4:21 p.m.
                                   Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Rockslider 2/3/07 7:03 p.m.
                                         Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360?3Suns 2/3/07 7:44 p.m.
                                               Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Rockslider 2/4/07 8:04 a.m.
                                                     Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360UrsusArctos 2/4/07 8:17 a.m.
                                                     Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Sep7imus [subnova] 2/4/07 9:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Rockslider 2/4/07 3:32 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360DS 2/4/07 4:44 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Achievements are Evolving and Do you own a 360Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 2/4/07 9:58 p.m.
                                   Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Miguel Chavez 2/4/07 10:31 p.m.
                                         Campaign statsNarcogen 2/5/07 12:42 a.m.
                                               Re: Campaign statsMiguel Chavez 2/5/07 3:40 a.m.
                                                     I just want a killcount at the end... *NM*Rox 2/5/07 4:35 a.m.
                                                     Body Count DOES blow. Steal the Bacon FTW!! *NM*Ma1agate 2/5/07 10:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Campaign statsNarcogen 2/6/07 10:48 p.m.
                                         Campaign statsRockslider 2/5/07 4:25 p.m.
                                               Re: Campaign statsDS 2/5/07 5:40 p.m.
                                               Campaign stats - two more thoughtsRockslider 2/6/07 12:56 p.m.
                                               Stats I'd Like To SeeNarcogen 2/7/07 12:29 a.m.
                                                     Re: Stats I'd Like To SeeRockslider 2/7/07 5:32 p.m.
                             Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Rockslider 2/3/07 6:57 p.m.
                 Re: What's the attraction of points etc?Coffin Joe 2/3/07 5:46 p.m.
           Another reason to chalk up Achievement points3Suns 2/6/07 8:41 p.m.
                 Re: Another reason to chalk up Achievement pointstak 2/6/07 10:31 p.m.
                       Re: Another reason to chalk up Achievement pointsTelTura 2/6/07 11:07 p.m.
                 Re: Another reason to chalk up Achievement pointsDS 2/7/07 8:41 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.