Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OT
Posted By: Captain Spark <spark@jcsl.org>Date: 1/10/07 5:32 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OT (The More Deluded)

: Mmm...

: I havn't got live, and I was considering getting gears. Is it actually worth
: it?

: I think I'd play splitscreen with me mates, but that wouldn't be that often,
: does it justify getting the game?

The levels are very linear. The action can be very intense even on casual difficulty. When I first played the game, I played it about half way through without knowing that I could zoom into the target, this was a stupid oversight on my part, I didn't even think to pull the left trigger to zoom in.
When you zoom in on a target the projectile spread magically tightens up and you can hit the target with more bullets. Shooting without using the zoom, the bullets spread out so big that you don't hit the target with many bullets, this seems a bit odd to me!

Once I figured out that the zoom feature puts more bullets on a target, I started mopping up the enemies and it became very repetitive.

You don't have a targeting reticle unless you use the zoom. You can find yourself shooting to the right of a target or over the enemies head and you waste a lot of bullets. A simple dot on the screen would stop that. It gets a little annoying having to zoom in all the time to take an enemy down quickly.

If you can rent it first, I would do that. Or find someone that already has it and try it out.

For the most part I had fun playing the campaign, but I don't believe I'll be replaying the campaign very often. I played about 4 matches on Live. I'm holding off an opinion until I get more time on Live with the game.

Message Index

Replies:

Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OT3Suns 1/10/07 2:50 a.m.
     Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTJillybean 1/10/07 3:41 a.m.
           Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTCaptain Spark 1/10/07 7:57 a.m.
                 Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTJillybean 1/10/07 10:57 a.m.
                       Slight edit . .Jillybean 1/10/07 10:58 a.m.
                             Here's the interview link:FoolsRun 1/10/07 11:33 a.m.
                                   Thank you! *NM*Jillybean 1/10/07 12:42 p.m.
                       Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTCaptain Spark 1/10/07 12:48 p.m.
                             Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTThe More Deluded 1/10/07 12:52 p.m.
                                   Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTCaptain Spark 1/10/07 5:32 p.m.
                             Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTJillybean 1/10/07 12:57 p.m.
                                   The Halo Campaigns. My review.3Suns 1/11/07 1:31 p.m.
                                         Re: The Halo Campaigns. My review.Louis Wu 1/11/07 2:03 p.m.
                                               Re: The Halo Campaigns. My review.3Suns 1/11/07 5:40 p.m.
                                         Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/12/07 2:31 a.m.
                                               Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationJman 1/12/07 2:59 a.m.
                                                     Re: Story and Gameplay Integrationreprobate 1/12/07 4:40 a.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay Integrationreprobate 1/12/07 4:44 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/12/07 5:45 a.m.
                                               Re: Story and Gameplay Integration3Suns 1/13/07 10:26 a.m.
                                                     Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/15/07 12:54 a.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay Integration3Suns 1/15/07 8:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/15/07 10:13 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Story and Gameplay Integration3Suns 1/16/07 1:19 a.m.
                                                                             Battle-based gamesRockslider 1/17/07 12:33 p.m.
                                                     Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationPeptuck 1/16/07 1:59 p.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationUrsusArctos 1/17/07 5:15 a.m.
                                               Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationCody Miller 1/16/07 12:32 a.m.
                                                     Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/16/07 1:58 a.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay Integration3Suns 1/16/07 3:16 a.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationMa1agate 1/16/07 9:25 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/16/07 10:13 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationSep7imus [subnova] 1/16/07 11:00 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationPeptuck 1/16/07 1:45 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationHikaru-119 1/16/07 10:56 a.m.
                                                                       Non-Stop ActionNarcogen 1/16/07 11:02 p.m.
                                                                 Ken Levine on using quiet in games3Suns 1/23/07 2:26 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Ken Levine on using quiet in gamesRed_Breast 1/23/07 12:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationCody Miller 1/17/07 1:28 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/18/07 4:47 a.m.
                                         Re: The Halo Campaigns. My review.Cody Miller 1/16/07 12:17 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.