|Frequently Asked Forum Questions|
|Search Older Posts on This Forum:|
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts
|Posted By: Infirm <email@example.com>||Date: 12/7/06 4:36 p.m.|
In Response To: The kids are not Spartans. (MarineCorps117)
Bungie did not put anything into this commercial by accident. Frankie from bungie.net expressly stated that in a faq recently about the commercial.
After reading every reply in this particular post and watching the trailor like an obsessed person I've come up with a list of conclusions. Certain aspects are non-negotiable facts and observations.
1. The kids are not wearing shoes when the trailor starts (this statement is a non-negotiable fact). This doesn't add clarity as to their identity, but it does not rule out whether or not they are spartans. There could be many reasons for this. My personal opinion would be that they are spartans taking a quick break while on a training op on Reach. I am currently a CPL in the US Army and whenever you stop and pull a patrol base and you aren't in imminent danger those who are sleeping take off their boots and socks. This is to prevent people from getting blisters and to air out your feet.
2. To support the idea of the patrol base; it is common military procedure to move out before dawn during the period when the sun begins to lighten the horizon. This is because most military movement occurs at the break of dawn or during the twilight provided by the rising sun. This would explain why the little girl says "time to go" after the flash back has ended.
3. I believe the children are spartans also due to their clothing. If they were children from our present time I highly doubt a young girl would be wearing black slacks and a dark colored plain t-shirt. You can go outside and look at kids today to verify that opinion.
4. The hair styles the children have does not point decisively as to whether they are civilian or military.
5. The sky most probably isn't Earth's sky as a Nebula would not be visible and the Aurora Borealis isn't a whispy blob with a glowing center (this is a non-negotiable fact). Of course this could be wrong if Bungie screwed up with how the night sky on the planet Earth looks like. For some reason I doubt it.
6. The helmet seen in the dark grass is the same helmet the MC puts on his head (this is a non-negotiable fact). This is obvious if you look at the scratches in the visor and on the helmet. For all of you doubters turn up the brightness and pay close attention to the scratches in the visor. The scratches are there before the scene change and they are there after.
7. The sound heard right before the end of the flashback is not a child screaming, but a dramatized rendition of artillery flying overhead (this is a non-negotiable fact). Falling artillery shells really do scream when they miss.
The rest of the trailor is the action sequence. The only conclusion I came to was that the MC was running toward the vortex/ crater we see in the E3 announcement trailor. The vortex can be seen in the back ground while the chief is jumping.
That is my analysis of the trailor. It looks amazing and only makes me hunger for the game more and the now post-poned movie. I wish money weren't an issue...
|The kids are not Spartans.||MarineCorps117||12/4/06 10:30 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||Doomba||12/4/06 10:35 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||calmkiller||12/4/06 10:43 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||GamerFett||12/4/06 10:43 p.m.|
|It gets dark earlier in fall/winter||Michael Hogsett||12/4/06 10:47 p.m.|
|It gets dark 3pm here *NM*||Jillybean||12/5/06 7:49 a.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||raptor117||12/4/06 10:48 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||GamerFett||12/4/06 10:56 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||raptor117||12/4/06 10:59 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||GamerFett||12/4/06 11:00 p.m.|
|Master Chief is Conan O'Brian||MarkHawk||12/4/06 11:01 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||JustShoveJayOhBe||12/7/06 3:08 a.m.|
|Re: The kids are alright||Stuntmutt||12/7/06 3:19 a.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||raptor117||12/4/06 10:37 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||Lincoln||12/7/06 6:39 a.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||Guesty-Persony-Thingy||12/4/06 10:38 p.m.|
|I completely disagree.||Guardian [cheaptrickfan09]||12/4/06 10:44 p.m.|
|Re: I completely disagree.||calmkiller||12/4/06 10:49 p.m.|
|*IMGs* For Above Theories||Guardian [cheaptrickfan09]||12/4/06 10:51 p.m.|
|Re: *IMGs* For Above Theories||Guesty-Persony-Thingy||12/4/06 10:54 p.m.|
|Re: *IMGs* For Above Theories||Guesty-Persony-Thingy||12/4/06 10:59 p.m.|
|Re: *IMGs* For Above Theories||raptor117||12/4/06 10:54 p.m.|
|Re: *IMGs* For Above Theories||calmkiller||12/4/06 10:59 p.m.|
|Re: *IMGs* For Above Theories||calmkiller||12/4/06 10:59 p.m.|
|Re: *IMGs* For Above Theories||Xx King Crab xX||12/4/06 11:01 p.m.|
|The Kids Are Dead, Focus on the Grass!||MarkHawk||12/4/06 11:13 p.m.|
|Too bad they didn't have armor till 2525||Hikaru-119||12/4/06 11:18 p.m.|
|Re: *IMGs* For Above Theories||Mullet Man||12/4/06 11:26 p.m.|
|Re: *IMGs* For Above Theories||Lincoln||12/7/06 6:44 a.m.|
|Re: *IMGs* For Above Theories||Zane||3/25/07 1:32 a.m.|
|Re: I completely disagree.||imo||12/5/06 1:45 p.m.|
|IMG of bungie hinting at us?||Beardless Shoe||12/6/06 5:47 p.m.|
|Who said none of the Spartans came from Earth?||Peptuck||12/4/06 10:49 p.m.|
|Re: Who said none of the Spartans came from Earth?||raptor117||12/4/06 10:52 p.m.|
|Re: Who said none of the Spartans came from Earth?||Peptuck||12/4/06 10:56 p.m.|
|Re: Who said none of the Spartans came from Earth?||reprobate||12/4/06 10:59 p.m.|
|Who said there was no grass on Reach? *NM* *NM*||man_o_brass||12/4/06 10:53 p.m.|
|Re: Who said none of the Spartans came from Earth?||Slith||12/5/06 12:53 a.m.|
|Re: Who said none of the Spartans came from Earth?||makaveli0360||12/5/06 1:03 a.m.|
|Re: Who said none of the Spartans came from Earth?||makaveli0360||12/5/06 1:04 a.m.|
|Re: Who said none of the Spartans came from Earth?||Peptuck||3/25/07 1:08 a.m.|
|Re: Who said none of the Spartans came from Earth?||Cody Paulson||3/25/07 12:23 p.m.|
|Re: Who said none of the Spartans came from Earth?||reprobate||3/25/07 4:21 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||Landis Mclain||12/4/06 10:50 p.m.|
|the kids R spartans||makaveli0360||12/4/06 11:03 p.m.|
|Re: the kids R spartans||Guesty-Persony-Thingy||12/4/06 11:07 p.m.|
|Re: the kids R spartans||Guesty-Persony-Thingy||12/4/06 11:08 p.m.|
|Master Chief is Conan O'Brian||MarkHawk||12/4/06 10:58 p.m.|
|Re: Master Chief is Conan O'Brian||calmkiller||12/4/06 11:01 p.m.|
|Re: Master Chief is Conan O'Brian||MarkHawk||12/4/06 11:04 p.m.|
|Oh, for the love of ...||man_o_brass||12/4/06 11:19 p.m.|
|One more thing.||MarineCorps117||12/4/06 11:27 p.m.|
|Re: One more thing.||Guesty-Persony-Thingy||12/4/06 11:30 p.m.|
|Re: One more thing.||man_o_brass||12/5/06 12:51 a.m.|
|He has Brown hair. BROWN.||Hikaru-119||12/4/06 11:23 p.m.|
|I agree, though for a slightly different reason.||Spenser||12/4/06 11:04 p.m.|
|Re: I agree, though for a slightly different reaso||Hikaru-119||12/4/06 11:37 p.m.|
|Re: I agree, though for a slightly different reaso||makaveli0360||12/5/06 12:36 a.m.|
|Maybe a precursor to telling some history n Halo3||Shaumarai||12/5/06 2:08 p.m.|
|Could not be in same location||Patrick Stanger||12/5/06 10:17 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||In8||12/6/06 9:24 a.m.|
|Visor Reflection||In8||12/6/06 11:51 a.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||Retsof-Noraa||12/6/06 1:27 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||raptor117||12/6/06 1:38 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||Guesty-Persony-Thingy||12/6/06 7:06 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||Master D0rk||3/26/07 11:49 a.m.|
|Observations||Infirm||12/7/06 4:36 p.m.|
|Re: Observations||Guesty-Persony-Thingy||12/7/06 4:57 p.m.|
|Re: Observations||Patrick Stanger||12/7/06 5:51 p.m.|
|Re: Observations||Retsof-Noraa||12/7/06 10:20 p.m.|
|Re: Observations||Mordrorru||12/31/06 12:43 p.m.|
|Re: Observations||S7talker||1/5/07 11:35 p.m.|
|Re: Observations||Xrystyrion||3/24/07 10:46 p.m.|
|Re: Observations||Cody Paulson||3/24/07 11:02 p.m.|
|Re: Observations||Omega||3/24/07 11:33 p.m.|
|Re: Observations||Cthulhu117||3/25/07 6:57 a.m.|
|Re: Observations||Cody Paulson||3/25/07 12:11 p.m.|
|Re: Observations||Xrystyrion||3/26/07 10:25 a.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||fool_on_the_hill||3/26/07 12:18 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||DangerousHippo||3/26/07 2:24 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||Omega||3/26/07 4:21 p.m.|
|Re: The kids are not Spartans.||fool_on_the_hill||3/27/07 9:49 a.m.|
The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.