Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Join the club. How Halo has affected me, musically
Posted By: [AMS] GreyThorDate: 11/16/06 11:12 p.m.

In Response To: Is it bad if Halo changed my life? (Dustbunny27)

Halo came out, November 2001. Got the Xbox and Halo for Xmas 2001. It was a launch box that our family's tennant got on November 15th, but he held onto it for Xmas.

I got sucked into it. Music was the biggest thing that I loved about Halo. Then the story line. That's why I am such a huge fan of Marty O'Donnell. He sold the game Halo to me. He made it strike home for me.

Anyways, freshman year at highschool sucked for me. I didn't listen to music. I was a huge Halo Fanfiction addict. Eventually I explored the movies and miscelaneous sections of HBO, and found Justin R. Durban's work. It was featured in Blackstar's Halo Movie Trailer(s). Justin R. Durban's work struck home in me.

I started getting more and more into film and game music. Hans Zimmer, James Horner, modern score-writers like them were who I was listening to, all along as I was a classical & romantic pianist. But going back to "Edgen"'s work, I joined up on his website's forum, got to know the other musicians striking out a career in music.

Jonathan of EastofBeautiful, his acoustic guitar rock.
Marcus with Shojin, his hardcore German trance.
Scott Buckley aka "Buckles", his Film/Game/Soundtrack tunes hailing all the way from Sydney.
Aaron Marshall aka "Noct", his Soundtrack tunes from the northern US.
Jerad Muller, aka OceanFire, from Michigan. Some of his work has been featured in some Halo/Halo 2 fanmade movies, and passed through the MPPRS system.
JiXeR, Soundtrack electronica.
Andrew Aker, from Washington State, and his IDM love.
Oneilio, from Atlanta GA, a mere 5 hours away from Savannah and me. He's 17 and he's done more trance&piano and soundtrack scores than I can imagine.

All of this from All Media Studios. Why I have the AMS tag in front of my name. And I imagine if I never did listen to that song by Edgen. If I didn't become his HBO announcer for the latest Halo related music. And because of a worldly array of music I started getting, I've been open to everything, musically. I compose music. I play world music. I have liking to everything, minus Country and Disco. Country because I'm living in the South right now.

As for people, I wouldn't have as many friends on my Facebook and Myspace that are HBOers. Less people from around the US and world. No Xbox Live.

Personally, if I didn't find that song up on the front page and later in the misc section, I probably would have been way different, musically.

Message Index

Replies:

Is it bad if Halo changed my life?Dustbunny27 11/16/06 9:13 p.m.
     Re: Is it bad if Halo changed my life?TelTura 11/16/06 9:17 p.m.
           Re: Is it bad if Halo changed my life?Dustbunny27 11/16/06 9:30 p.m.
                 Long Story Ahead...LoneRanger 2.5 11/16/06 10:01 p.m.
                       Re: Long Story Ahead...TelTura 11/16/06 10:20 p.m.
                       Re: Long Story Ahead...Eric Mills 11/16/06 10:27 p.m.
                             Re: Long Story Ahead...Eric Mills 11/16/06 10:35 p.m.
                                   Re: Long Story Ahead...TelTura 11/16/06 10:35 p.m.
     How Halo changed my lifePezcore343 11/16/06 10:49 p.m.
     Join the club. How Halo has affected me, musically[AMS] GreyThor 11/16/06 11:12 p.m.
     Halo's a life changing game...Funkmon 11/16/06 11:52 p.m.
           So THAT's how they plan on taking over the worldPezcore343 11/17/06 12:00 a.m.
                 Very likely.Funkmon 11/17/06 12:24 a.m.
           Now you mention it...Rockslider 11/18/06 2:47 p.m.
     Changes? Divorce? 11 1/2 minutes of fame? YEP!One of Bungies mindless bitches 11/17/06 12:04 a.m.
     I feel like the odd man out.Landis Mclain 11/17/06 1:48 a.m.
     lol loosers!!!1mercury 11/17/06 3:30 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.