Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Sentinels with needlers?
Posted By: Square Pusher <balboa_ac@hotmail.com>Date: 4/6/06 7:44 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Sentinels with needlers? (Lingwendil (Anthony Wilson))

: Thanks, maybe I'll start to seem lesss like a noob sometime...

: Damn! look at the fire my thread started! Maybe I'll have to install my old
: capture card and try to archive this stuff. Glad to see I'm not the only
: one that's seen that needlery sentinel, I was starting to feel a little
: crazy.

Yes, you can pretty much call this find true, since so many people claim to have seen the Needler wielding Sentinel, (myself included). To make things easy on your self, start a game of easy on QZ and use a ghost to race all the way to the flaming sentinel factory. Once inside try to kill all the Flood around (some also wield needlers, don't get confused with them) and then watch the sentinels and kill any blue ones that attack. You should find in that area that the Enforcer is in (inside the factory) that there is one Sentinel that fires Needles at you, its not fake. It drops a standard Covenant Needler when killed. I can't watch that video a guy showed a link of earlier, since i lack a program to watch avi files, but unless the guy had an overshield, it probably wasnt modded.

I'm kind of disappointed that there was a usable "red needler" now. I wonder why it got dropped? It seemed like a less showy covenant Needler that didnt explode, but acted more like an SMG since on Legendary, those things can ravage your shields in a matter of a second. I think i'd have prefered to have had "red needler" as a weapon instead of the Brute Plasma Rifle.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that if you disarm an Enforcer (meaning shoot off its two red needler arms and the two rocket launchers on the back, that it will fire an invisible blue sentinel beam at you? I tried this on the sacred icon level, it made a distinct sentinel beam sound, killed me in a second (legendary) and the only way i knew it was blue was because where the beam would hit the wall/floor it would spark up blue flames, but no actual beam.

Message Index

Replies:

Sentinels with needlers?Lingwendil (Anthony Wilson) 4/4/06 1:00 p.m.
     Re: Sentinels with needlers?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/4/06 1:12 p.m.
           OLD *NM*Schedonnardus 4/4/06 1:19 p.m.
           Re: Sentinels with needlers?Lingwendil (Anthony Wilson) 4/4/06 1:36 p.m.
                 Re: Sentinels with needlers?Evil Otto 4/4/06 2:52 p.m.
                       Re: Sentinels with needlers?Echoes 4/4/06 2:55 p.m.
                             Re: Sentinels with needlers?Usul 4/4/06 3:05 p.m.
                                   Golden Sword?Scaraby 4/4/06 3:08 p.m.
                                         Re: Golden Sword?Spartan Jag 4/4/06 3:49 p.m.
                                         Re: Golden Sword?SF Legend 4/4/06 5:24 p.m.
                                               Re: Golden Sword?Dojorkan 4/4/06 5:27 p.m.
                                                     Re: Golden Sword?DanteThePoet 4/4/06 5:29 p.m.
                                                           Re: Golden Sword?Arbiter _347 4/5/06 3:18 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Golden Sword?Paradox 4/5/06 4:32 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Golden Sword?BlueTyphoid 4/5/06 9:02 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Golden Sword?j41m3z 4/5/06 9:19 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Golden Sword?Masta Chef 6/27/06 8:32 p.m.
                                   you don't mean the Invisi-swordbentrider 4/5/06 9:34 p.m.
                             Re: Sentinels with needlers?floppysoup 4/6/06 2:23 p.m.
                             Re: Sentinels with needlers?floppysoup 4/6/06 2:40 p.m.
                       Re: Sentinels with needlers?mnemesis 4/4/06 3:20 p.m.
                       Re: Sentinels with needlers?Louis Wu 4/4/06 3:23 p.m.
                             Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 4/4/06 3:40 p.m.
                                   Re: Sentinels with needlers?Evil Otto 4/4/06 3:53 p.m.
                                         Re: Sentinels with needlers?Gryphonosiris 4/4/06 4:08 p.m.
                                               Re: Sentinels with needlers?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/4/06 5:33 p.m.
                                               Re: Sentinels with needlers?Peptuck 4/4/06 6:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Sentinels with needlers?ShortRoundMcfly 6/28/06 7:42 p.m.
                                                     Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 6/28/06 7:46 p.m.
                                                           Re: Sentinels with needlers?ShortRoundMcfly 6/28/06 8:21 p.m.
                                         Re: Sentinels with needlers?masterskill 4/4/06 4:42 p.m.
                                               Re: Sentinels with needlers?Spartan Jag 4/4/06 4:44 p.m.
                                         Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 4/4/06 5:08 p.m.
                                         Re: Sentinels with needlers?Count Zero 4/4/06 5:13 p.m.
                                               Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 4/4/06 5:15 p.m.
                                               Ditto here...no chain pulling, I swears itDanteThePoet 4/4/06 5:16 p.m.
                                                     Re: Ditto here...no chain pulling, I swears itDojorkan 4/4/06 5:17 p.m.
                                                           One More From MeLoneRanger 2.5 4/4/06 5:41 p.m.
                                               Re: Sentinels with needlers?Evil Otto 4/4/06 6:01 p.m.
                                                     Re: Sentinels with needlers?Peptuck 4/4/06 6:19 p.m.
                                                     Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 4/4/06 6:42 p.m.
                                                           Re: Sentinels with needlers?Peptuck 4/4/06 6:52 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 4/4/06 7:56 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Sentinels with needlers?Peptuck 4/6/06 2:57 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 4/6/06 3:31 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sentinels with needlers?Peptuck 4/6/06 3:45 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 4/6/06 4:02 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Sentinels with needlers?devil mingy 4/7/06 12:21 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 4/7/06 12:53 p.m.
                                                     Nice vid. Glad the "Grunt filter" died. *NM*Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/4/06 7:07 p.m.
                                                     Re: Sentinels with needlers?mnemesis 4/4/06 8:33 p.m.
                                                           Re: Sentinels with needlers?Paradox 4/4/06 9:06 p.m.
                                                     Why didnt this make it into the final game?sorahn 4/4/06 9:29 p.m.
                                                           Re: Why didnt this make it into the final game?Schedonnardus 4/4/06 9:34 p.m.
                                                                 Apple makes Applesauce, *NM*Lethal Industry 4/4/06 9:47 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Why didnt this make it into the final game?eiii 4/6/06 5:45 p.m.
                                                     Frog blast the vent core?GhaleonEB 4/4/06 10:29 p.m.
                                                           Re: Frog blast the vent core?wendt 4/4/06 10:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: Frog blast the vent core?Ename Nep 4/5/06 3:47 p.m.
                                                     prototyping in the articleMiguel Chavez 4/5/06 1:31 a.m.
                 Re: Sentinels with needlers?Lethal Industry 4/4/06 10:33 p.m.
                       Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 4/5/06 7:20 a.m.
                             Re: Sentinels with needlers?zilla sushi 4/5/06 2:44 p.m.
                                   Re: Sentinels with needlers?Dojorkan 4/5/06 3:31 p.m.
                       Re: Sentinels with needlers?Lingwendil (Anthony Wilson) 4/5/06 1:54 p.m.
                             Re: Sentinels with needlers?Square Pusher 4/6/06 7:44 a.m.
     Re: Sentinels with needlers?Fury Three 4/6/06 8:33 p.m.
           Re: Sentinels with needlers?Spartan Jag 4/6/06 9:33 p.m.
                 Re: Sentinels with needlers?Fury Three 4/6/06 11:09 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.