Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Fist = Supershield?
Posted By: Narcogen <narcogen@rampancy.net>Date: 3/8/06 4:40 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Fist = Supershield? (drummand)

: An interesting conversation I have very much enjoyed reading.

: Since I was surprised nobody else suggested it here, I'd just like to mention
: that I always presumed the supershield was generated by the Fist; my
: presumption based on the Fist's magnetic/gravitational powers. Paste that
: onto APN/Steve's suggestion that "the Fist is a fantastically
: sophisticated doohicky lashed on the end of a stick", and you have a
: not entirely unreasonable in-game rationale for the supershield's
: uniqueness.

Sure-- I can completely believe that the Brutes can't make a copy of it, and that there being only one, Tartarus would take it. That's completely explicable.

What isn't is that while Brutes have taken and modified for their own use other Covenant tech available to Elites (Brute plasma rifles) they have not done the same for other Covenant tech available to Elites (body shields). This further emphasizes Tartarus' uniqueness as the Fist also produces a shield.

It's been speculated that Elites won't let Brutes have shields, but I'm not entirely convinced by that; there's no precedent for other, similar restrictions. There is a hierarchy among species with regard to various equipment, specifically offensive weapons, but for shields, it seems reasonable that Brutes at least rank equal with Elites. At the very least, the Brute honor guard should have them-- but they don't, either. I think that choice was about gameplay balance and not story, so I think to add story interpretations on to that omission isn't productive.

: That said, I still stand with Narc on this one. And thanks for your blogs,
: btw. I do enjoy them muchly.

Thanks, glad you do!

There Is No Rampancy In Halo

Message Index

Replies:

Narcogen's Great Journey write-upPeptuck 3/5/06 10:21 p.m.
     Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upConstruct-III (aka: AI Con.) 3/5/06 10:30 p.m.
           Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upMrAlexZander 3/6/06 1:37 a.m.
     Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upNarcogen 3/6/06 4:13 a.m.
           Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upDojorkan 3/6/06 6:32 a.m.
           Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 3/6/06 7:28 a.m.
           Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upc0ld vengeance 3/6/06 7:28 a.m.
                 Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upBodie 3/6/06 7:51 a.m.
                       Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upc0ld vengeance 3/6/06 10:16 a.m.
                       Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upNarcogen 3/6/06 7:40 p.m.
                             Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upThe Freeloader 3/6/06 7:44 p.m.
                 Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upNarcogen 3/6/06 10:03 a.m.
                       Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upInteractive Civilian 3/8/06 4:57 a.m.
           Re: Narcogen's Great Journey write-upPeptuck 3/6/06 10:31 a.m.
                 Caste OffNarcogen 3/6/06 7:48 p.m.
                       Re: Caste OffPeptuck 3/6/06 9:09 p.m.
                             Re: Caste OffNarcogen 3/6/06 11:49 p.m.
                                   Re: Caste OffStephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/7/06 8:28 a.m.
                                         Re: Caste OffPeptuck 3/7/06 10:50 a.m.
                                               Re: Caste OffNarcogen 3/8/06 4:36 a.m.
           Back with a touch more, but not much.Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 3/6/06 11:26 a.m.
                 Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Burr 3/6/06 12:28 p.m.
                 Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Count Zero 3/6/06 2:50 p.m.
                       Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Ragashingo 3/6/06 2:59 p.m.
                       Thirded...-ed. *NM*Ma1agate 3/6/06 3:10 p.m.
                 Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Narcogen 3/6/06 7:51 p.m.
                       Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Construct-III (aka: AI Con.) 3/6/06 8:33 p.m.
                       Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Peptuck 3/6/06 9:11 p.m.
                             Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Narcogen 3/7/06 12:02 a.m.
                       Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 3/7/06 7:09 a.m.
                             Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Narcogen 3/7/06 8:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 3/7/06 9:20 a.m.
                                         Re: Back with a touch more, but not much.Narcogen 3/7/06 10:46 a.m.
                 Re: Fist = Supershield?drummand 3/7/06 12:21 p.m.
                       Re: Fist = Supershield?Construct-III (aka: AI Con.) 3/7/06 7:01 p.m.
                       Re: Fist = Supershield?Narcogen 3/8/06 4:40 a.m.
                             Big and hairy = uncomfortablec0ld vengeance 3/8/06 7:45 a.m.
                                   Re: Big and hairy = uncomfortableNarcogen 3/8/06 10:42 a.m.
                                         Re: Big and hairy = uncomfortableMa1agate 3/8/06 2:35 p.m.
                                   Re: Big and hairy = uncomfortableMrAlexZander 3/8/06 4:24 p.m.
                                         Re: Big and hairy = uncomfortableAndrew Nagy 3/9/06 11:41 a.m.
                                               Re: Big and hairy = uncomfortablePeptuck 3/9/06 12:04 p.m.
                             Re: Fist = Supershield?Peptuck 3/8/06 10:58 a.m.
     Re: Narcogen's Gre... Shooting Brutes in a BarrelInteractive Civilian 3/8/06 5:06 a.m.
           Re: Narcogen's Gre... Shooting Brutes in a BarrelNarcogen 3/8/06 10:45 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.