glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? Explination!
Posted By: Dojorkan <dojorkan@gmail.com>Date: 12/14/05 5:51 p.m.

Alright FIRST and FOREMOST. This is A FACT. Not speculation, not a theory, and not a guess.

Its really a glitch/error. Very seldom do modder ever mod singleplayer, usually cool modders are just using scenery and characters from other levels to put in to their themed map or the wannabe modders cheat on XBL.

But I, Dojorkan love modding SinglePlayer and finding out mysteries and such. That werid and random elite at the end of GRemind is one mystery I aciddentally solved.

Alright different things in the game are stored into folders called "tags". Each Tag takes care of certain things.

Well anywaysI was modding Gravemind and made some elite allies that would follow me through the level. So in place of the marines in the jail cells I selected Zealots. So in game I went to go free my buddies from the jail cells, but instead of elites I get the elites with the odd mix of armor and helmets. I figured I acidentally slected something else on accident. I double check and sure enough I slected for Zealots to spawn. Then I puch that aside and decide I want to spawn a bunch of the sword guys at the end of the level.

So I see the name of the 2nd to last spawn is named "Maus_inner_elite_zealot"
(Maus= Malloseaum) And surely enough, the character selected to spawn their is a zealot with a sword.

BAsically the armor set was choosen correctly for the zealot so it spawned with random stuff.

But if this is intresting and you want some more details.
I recently tried to spawn a ODST instead of regular marine too. There was no ODST "Variation" in the folder called "object properties" So I transfered over the marines from Delta Halo, so it added ODSTs to the list so I could select them. BEFORE I transferred over the ODST when I told the game to make ODSTS it would spawn the marine with completely random armor, (including some odst armor, so it looked really messed up, as it would some time spawn with jhonsons head with the voice of the aussie and a dress/formal uniform with thr marine armor over it.

so yeah. Thats basically how that freaky elite came to be.

Message Index

Replies:

Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? Explination!Dojorkan 12/14/05 5:51 p.m.
     Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? ExplinatDarkSim7 12/14/05 6:22 p.m.
           Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? Explinatjman571 12/14/05 6:59 p.m.
           Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? ExplinatDojorkan 12/14/05 7:48 p.m.
           Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? ExplinatStephen L. (SoundEffect) 12/14/05 9:01 p.m.
     Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? ExplinatSpartan Jag 12/14/05 6:22 p.m.
           Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? ExplinatPaladin117 12/14/05 7:09 p.m.
                 Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? ExplinatSpartan Jag 12/14/05 7:28 p.m.
     Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? ExplinatUNSCDF 12/14/05 6:46 p.m.
           Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? ExplinatDojorkan 12/14/05 7:46 p.m.
                 Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? Explinateiii 12/14/05 8:19 p.m.
                       Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? ExplinatDojorkan 12/14/05 8:22 p.m.
                             Re: DAMN!! *NM*UNSCDF 12/14/05 9:23 p.m.
     Re: Council/HonorGuard/HalfJaw mix elite? ExplinatPvt. Jenkins 12/14/05 8:14 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.