Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Retraction and Expansion
Posted By: Narcogen <narcogen@rampancy.net>Date: 10/6/05 6:15 a.m.

In Response To: Pedantry (Narcogen)

: I never said the ARTICLE was old. I said the NEWS was old.

Ok, I have to take that back. I *DID* call the article old, and to that extent I was being inaccurate.

What I was trying to get at is that the "when it's ready" stuff has been pushed several times in the past, not only about Halo 3, but even about Halo 2.

It wasn't accurate then, and it wasn't accurate now, and that's a bigger point than whether or not the posted link was new or not.

I realize people quite often post links in here, only to have someone shoot back at them mere moments later that the link is old, either because it was posted in an earlier thread, or perhaps on the front page.

That was not what I was trying to do. I don't usually manage to keep up with the forum enough to even know whether or not the link was posted earlier or not. I don't really have an interest in trying to scold people for posting old links-- there's more than enough people who do that already. But I think Bach's remarks have to be put into proper context with regards to the history of the Halo franchise to date and what's been said about it-- a context which is not contained in that one Eurogamer article (or, indeed, many of the articles since then that have also carried the "when it's ready" quote.

To that end I collected some of the old quotes that led me to call Bach's quote "old and inaccurate":

http://rampancy.net/blog/narcogen/06102005/when_its_ready

I think these concepts are applicable not just to Bungie and Halo 3, but to any system-selling franchise these days.

'When It's Ready'

Message Index

Replies:

Bach and Halo 3Darren 10/4/05 4:34 a.m.
     Old and InaccurateNarcogen 10/4/05 5:01 a.m.
           Re: Old and InaccurateNarcogen 10/4/05 5:11 a.m.
                 Re: Old and InaccurateDarren 10/4/05 7:34 a.m.
                       Re: Old and InaccurateNarcogen 10/4/05 7:53 a.m.
           Old and Bustedkapowaz 10/4/05 8:06 a.m.
                 Read it again, busterNarcogen 10/5/05 12:11 a.m.
                       Ahem.kapowaz 10/5/05 7:59 a.m.
                             PedantryNarcogen 10/6/05 12:03 a.m.
                                   Retraction and ExpansionNarcogen 10/6/05 6:15 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.