glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.
Posted By: ScarabDate: 8/30/05 11:08 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides. (Sir Viking)

: The day finally came. And like with any good
: thing, especially a good thing with this much hyperbole surrounding it,
: there were some people who didn't like it. They had wanted another Halo,
: and instead they got (GASP) a sequel. Because it wasn't exactly like the
: game they had relied on for so long, they complained.

That's too glib.

The paragraph above has many points, so I will address them one at a time.

1) Hyperbole

I wasn't dissapointed in Halo2 because of the hyperbole.

People do complain about the huge difference between what was promised and what was delivered. But if they had been given something almost as good as Halo then they would not have been so dissapointed. They just mention the disparity because it is so glaring. They are making a point but the hyperbole is not the cause of their dissapointment.

2) It changed.

If it had changed for the better then there would be no complaints. The people who complain believe that the changes were for the worse.

Of course that is only their opinion but there are significant numbers of people who share that opinion. And I don't believe that these people were just waiting for Nov 9th so they could moan about halo2, they wanted to like it.

A lot of people bought the limited edition Halo2 because they loved the game and were looking forward to years of Halo based fun. Then they played the game and thought 'this sux'.

They didn't say this because they had 'change-o-phobia', they said it because they genuinely belived that it sucked.

It was possible for Bungie to have made a game that would have satisfied the Halo fans who think that halo2 sucks. Unfortunately they didn't make that game.

Maybe halo3 will satisfy most people if there is some common ground between the two camps. I believe that there is and that Bungie can pull it off but time will tell.

Message Index

Replies:

New post at my blog The Oraclemercury 8/29/05 1:29 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The OracleZattack89 8/29/05 2:05 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oracle1138 8/29/05 2:13 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclezink 8/29/05 2:59 p.m.
                 Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 3:52 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 5:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:59 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 6:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 7:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 8:10 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 7:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/30/05 5:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/29/05 10:06 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Scarab 8/30/05 11:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/30/05 7:15 p.m.
     Alert: I'm about to make an unfair analogyPizack 8/29/05 4:43 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oraclejazo 8/29/05 5:20 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclecharthepirate 8/29/05 5:37 p.m.
           Here's how I respondedmercury 8/29/05 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Here's how I respondedjazo 8/30/05 3:11 a.m.
                       Re: Here's how I responded1138 8/30/05 9:29 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.