Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Here's how I responded
Posted By: 1138Date: 8/30/05 9:29 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Here's how I responded (jazo)

: You have very very strong points and I agree with you. However what I hate is
: that my Halo 1 disc that I love sits and collects dust unless my friends
: and I decide to bust it out for fun at the occasional lan. I can't just
: get my Halo 1 fix at any time like I could with Halo 2 if I so desired. I
: know Halo PC is there, but my computer power combined with my shoddy DSL
: makes that a bad experience. I can't hop on XBC because no one is ever on
: there either.

: Halo 2 has the Live treatment and it deserves it. However while doing this it
: pretty much killed Halo 1. I guess that is why I still cannot move on and
: appreciate Halo 2 to its fullest.

Yet another example of how people wanted Halo 2 to be Halo 1.5. I agree with mercury saying that it would've taken more criticism if it were Halo: Rehased. Think about it: If the Empire Strikes Back were a rehash of Star Wars, would it have the same effect as the first one did? It would just be a second one. In fact, the writter for ESB even said on the Star Wars documentary Empire of Dreams, that he was glad it wasn't a rehash of Star Wars. The second act is the bridge that connects the first and third one and because it's a bridge it may get a lot of flak for being one.

Message Index

Replies:

New post at my blog The Oraclemercury 8/29/05 1:29 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The OracleZattack89 8/29/05 2:05 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oracle1138 8/29/05 2:13 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclezink 8/29/05 2:59 p.m.
                 Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 3:52 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 5:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:59 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 6:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 7:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 8:10 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 7:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/30/05 5:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/29/05 10:06 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Scarab 8/30/05 11:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/30/05 7:15 p.m.
     Alert: I'm about to make an unfair analogyPizack 8/29/05 4:43 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oraclejazo 8/29/05 5:20 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclecharthepirate 8/29/05 5:37 p.m.
           Here's how I respondedmercury 8/29/05 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Here's how I respondedjazo 8/30/05 3:11 a.m.
                       Re: Here's how I responded1138 8/30/05 9:29 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.