glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.
Posted By: JakeDaGreat <jake@nefex.net>Date: 8/29/05 8:10 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides. (mercury)

: You act like the "mainstream" and the "majority" are bad.
: That's like saying "I'm not crazy, everyone else is." The simple
: fact is matchmaking won't work for niches, since it wouldn't have a large
: enough pool to pull from. Matchmaking was made for the majority, and it
: keeps the majority happy. If it were made with enough playlists to suit
: everyone, it wouldn't work.

The people who liked AR/Pistol in Halo CE are not a niche, not even close. Neither are the people who refuse to play the existing Halo 2 matchmaking enviroment. Many people would be added to that 'pool' if Bungie chose to treat both sides of the community fairly. Tons of people play only customs and XBC halo 1 because of the faults in Halo 2.

: Complaining would be reduced in a LAN environment because people would always
: play with the settings they want. With a reduced set of complaints how on
: earth can you think those complaints would get greater? I'd like to think
: that most people would have an easier time accepting things like auto-aim
: if everything else was the way they wanted it.

Maybe so, which is exactly why Bungie should AT LEAST give a BR-start playlist that is permanent. Many of those specific complaints about auto-aim and things like that may be lessened.

: But its not a LAN, its a game pooling from 2 million people. It has to work
: on some level for all of them, and still be efficient over the net.

It can work for everyone, but Bungie decides for it not to. The community of Halo 2 is large enough to be split by two playlist types, the existing type with SMG's, and another that would fix all the faults that hardcore players complain about. I'd personally be happy with just a BR start playlist, but a full fledged fix of Halo 2 in a seperate playlist enviroment would bring back many many more players to matchmaking.

Message Index

Replies:

New post at my blog The Oraclemercury 8/29/05 1:29 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The OracleZattack89 8/29/05 2:05 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oracle1138 8/29/05 2:13 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclezink 8/29/05 2:59 p.m.
                 Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 3:52 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 5:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:59 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 6:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 7:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 8:10 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 7:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/30/05 5:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/29/05 10:06 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Scarab 8/30/05 11:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/30/05 7:15 p.m.
     Alert: I'm about to make an unfair analogyPizack 8/29/05 4:43 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oraclejazo 8/29/05 5:20 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclecharthepirate 8/29/05 5:37 p.m.
           Here's how I respondedmercury 8/29/05 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Here's how I respondedjazo 8/30/05 3:11 a.m.
                       Re: Here's how I responded1138 8/30/05 9:29 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.