Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Here's how I responded
Posted By: mercuryDate: 8/29/05 7:48 p.m.

In Response To: Re: New post at my blog The Oracle (jazo)

: I'm just going to post what I put in your comments section: "It seems so
: strange that one game gets this much flak from its own community."

: It is really quite simple why people still complain. Halo 1 was a great game.
: Even if you weren't that good you still liked to play. But Bungie changed
: SO much about Halo with Halo 2. I and many others cannot understand why
: they did this. Why would you change something that worked so well,
: something that everyone liked. And as for the community, well the
: community is there because of the original game. They are giving flak
: because they want what they liked back.

solidmercury wrote:

"Jazo, Halo is still there. Bungie wasn't remaking Halo 1, they were making Halo 2. Like I said, it's a different game altogether, and no one took your Halo CE disk away from you. Halo 2 would have gotten MORE criticism if it was Halo: Rehashed. I already have a copy of Halo, I don't need two.

They didn't change Halo. They made Halo 2 pretty much from scratch, and it had different ingredients. Peanut butter and chocolate chip are both cookies, but the flavors are very different. If you think chocolate chip is better, eat chocolate chip. Some of us like both. Excuse the analogy, but thats how things are."

Why would you write the perfect novel, then go on to write a critically berated non-fiction? You moved on from the novel, and didn't want it to define you; you needed variety.

Bungie didn't change anything, because Halo 2 is not Halo with a new gloss of paint. Halo 2 is it's own game, yes it continues the series, but it does so while being autonomous in its style.

I want to see games being pushed to do new and interesting things. I don't want to play sequel after sequel of the same engine, with the same gameplay, and the same tired style of story. Halo 2 makes mistakes while trying to build toward something. So what, at least it tries.

Halo 2 will never be enjoyable to you if you keep comparing it to Halo. Play Halo for the Halo experience, and play Halo 2 for the Halo 2 experience. Both are fun in their own rite. Both have their own autonomous problems. One might appeal more to you, and thats great, but one appeals to me.

Back to the analogy, if you hate peanut butter cookies simply because you like the way the chocolate chip cookies taste, and you wish all cookies tasted that way, you're missing out on something great. But no one said you had to like peanut butter.

Wow, now I'm hungry. Think I'll go have a cookie.

Message Index

Replies:

New post at my blog The Oraclemercury 8/29/05 1:29 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The OracleZattack89 8/29/05 2:05 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oracle1138 8/29/05 2:13 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclezink 8/29/05 2:59 p.m.
                 Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 3:52 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 5:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:59 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 6:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 7:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 8:10 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 7:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/30/05 5:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/29/05 10:06 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Scarab 8/30/05 11:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/30/05 7:15 p.m.
     Alert: I'm about to make an unfair analogyPizack 8/29/05 4:43 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oraclejazo 8/29/05 5:20 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclecharthepirate 8/29/05 5:37 p.m.
           Here's how I respondedmercury 8/29/05 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Here's how I respondedjazo 8/30/05 3:11 a.m.
                       Re: Here's how I responded1138 8/30/05 9:29 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.