glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.
Posted By: JakeDaGreat <jake@nefex.net>Date: 8/29/05 6:51 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides. (charthepirate)

: The majority in your circle like it. Because 95 percent of all Halo play was
: LAN we have now clue how popular different gametypes were. 80Percent of my
: circles Game play was on standard settings, from my perspective, standard
: settings was far more popular. See the problem with calling one way of
: playing the universal favorite.

: The flaws/strengths in matchmaking are a different beast all together.

No, they are the same problem. Matchmaking needs to cater to BOTH sides of the equation, not just one. Maybe standard settings were more popular, but from my experience on XBC and lans, AR/Pistol was default. And Halo PC was all pretty much AR/Pistol if I remember correctly.

: The not so hardcores seem to have plenty of annoying B*ing about things like
: BR starts too. You're just turnign a blind eye to the complaints of others
: to focus on your own.

Casual gamers don't complain about auto-aim or hitboxes, hardcore players do. The big problems that casual gamers complained about have been fixed. Standby, modding, smg start on coagulation, etc. It's the mainstream problems that affect bungie's "majority" that are fixed.

: Back on to what you said though...

: But if the hardcore players existed in the own micro enviroments, if they
: lived and breathed only MLG, would as many flaws live on. Sure some would,
: I'm sure the elites would still complain about the existence of the sword,
: auto aim, and weapon respawns. But there wouldn't be that rediculous
: backlash against dual wielding. Also, because of the internet people start
: noticing the way lag affects the game, and the compensations for lag.

: Just to sum up, if Halo 2 was LAN only, would there still be bitching. Yup.
: Would it be dramatically reduced. Yup.

Why would it be reduced? It's the same people and the same flawed game. The problems would still exist. If anything, the auto-aim type of complaints would be greater, because they wouldn't be complaining about a MLG playlist.

: Do we still want internet play. Yup.

: Char

Message Index

Replies:

New post at my blog The Oraclemercury 8/29/05 1:29 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The OracleZattack89 8/29/05 2:05 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oracle1138 8/29/05 2:13 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclezink 8/29/05 2:59 p.m.
                 Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 3:52 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 5:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:59 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 6:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 7:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 8:10 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 7:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/30/05 5:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/29/05 10:06 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Scarab 8/30/05 11:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/30/05 7:15 p.m.
     Alert: I'm about to make an unfair analogyPizack 8/29/05 4:43 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oraclejazo 8/29/05 5:20 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclecharthepirate 8/29/05 5:37 p.m.
           Here's how I respondedmercury 8/29/05 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Here's how I respondedjazo 8/30/05 3:11 a.m.
                       Re: Here's how I responded1138 8/30/05 9:29 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.