glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.
Posted By: charthepirate <chargeorge@gmail.com>Date: 8/29/05 6:36 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides. (JakeDaGreat)

: Yes, there would be a problem for you. You would complain, just as the two
: Halo 2 groups are complaining now. But in Halo CE, the majority of
: gameplay was a AR/Pistol start, and the majority liked it.

The majority in your circle like it. Because 95 percent of all Halo play was LAN we have now clue how popular different gametypes were. 80Percent of my circles Game play was on standard settings, from my perspective, standard settings was far more popular. See the problem with calling one way of playing the universal favorite.

: But if you
: didn't like the pistol, you had a CHOICE to play with others that liked
: what you liked. Only one group of Halo 2 players have a choice to play
: what they enjoy, matchmaking. Custom games are possible for the other
: group, but are not equal to matchmaking in ease of use, speed, or overall
: enjoyment. It's not fair nor fun to play with the same 5 or 10 people
: every game. Especcially in a competitive enviroment.

The flaws/strengths in matchmaking are a different beast all together.

: Most of Halo 2's flaws are pointed out by the hardcore players. The same
: hardcore players of Halo CE. If the fanbase stayed the same from Halo CE
: to Halo 2, those same hardcore players would still be complaining just as
: much as they are now.

: Most of the problems affect the hardcore players, most of the problems are
: the exact reversal of something that was seen in Halo CE.

The not so hardcores seem to have plenty of annoying B*ing about things like BR starts too. You're just turnign a blind eye to the complaints of others to focus on your own.

Back on to what you said though...

But if the hardcore players existed in the own micro enviroments, if they lived and breathed only MLG, would as many flaws live on. Sure some would, I'm sure the elites would still complain about the existence of the sword, auto aim, and weapon respawns. But there wouldn't be that rediculous backlash against dual wielding. Also, because of the internet people start noticing the way lag affects the game, and the compensations for lag.

Just to sum up, if Halo 2 was LAN only, would there still be bitching. Yup.
Would it be dramatically reduced. Yup.

Do we still want internet play. Yup.

Char

Message Index

Replies:

New post at my blog The Oraclemercury 8/29/05 1:29 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The OracleZattack89 8/29/05 2:05 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oracle1138 8/29/05 2:13 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclezink 8/29/05 2:59 p.m.
                 Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 3:52 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 5:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:59 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 6:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 7:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 8:10 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 7:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/30/05 5:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/29/05 10:06 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Scarab 8/30/05 11:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/30/05 7:15 p.m.
     Alert: I'm about to make an unfair analogyPizack 8/29/05 4:43 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oraclejazo 8/29/05 5:20 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclecharthepirate 8/29/05 5:37 p.m.
           Here's how I respondedmercury 8/29/05 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Here's how I respondedjazo 8/30/05 3:11 a.m.
                       Re: Here's how I responded1138 8/30/05 9:29 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.