Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: New post at my blog The Oracle
Posted By: 1138Date: 8/29/05 2:13 p.m.

In Response To: New post at my blog The Oracle (mercury)

: There's a new article on my blog.

: This one is in response to, among other things, the article at 1up.com and
: peoples complaints against Halo 2. Feel free to comment here or preferably
: leave comments at the post itself.

I still don't get why people are upset over the ending! Half-Life 2 had a cliffhanger and it was still a great game! So why can't people still like Halo 2 even though it has a cliffhanger? Even The Empire Strikes Back had a cliffhanger of some sorts (Irvin Kirschner said himself that it was an emotional ending, but still, it's a cliffhanger), and people still liked it. I even liked it as my favorite Star Wars movie (until May 19th 2005 that is ;)

The pistol. In the hands of a pro, it's a killing machine. Yet in the hands of a total newbie, it's a paperweight. Sure, people say it makes the game balanced, but if you're someone who's just picked up Halo and is getting owned left and right by it, it's not balanced at all from that point of view. Same thing with Halo's weapon systems: To some it's balanced, to some it's not balanced.

I heartily agree with the fact that you stated that Halo 2 is a different game and caters to different people; not everyone likes it, and it can't please everyone. CE didn't please everyone either I'll bet. There were people complaining about repetetive levels, unbalanced pistol, etc. And now people are complaining about Halo 2. They're both great games in their own right, but they will be forever pitted against each other and some people only like one and try to get others on their side by only saying the bad points of what they hate and the good points of what they like without letting others weigh their own opinions (which I frown upon). And I feel it isn't fair.

Message Index

Replies:

New post at my blog The Oraclemercury 8/29/05 1:29 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The OracleZattack89 8/29/05 2:05 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oracle1138 8/29/05 2:13 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclezink 8/29/05 2:59 p.m.
                 Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 3:52 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:08 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 5:42 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 5:59 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 6:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 6:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.mercury 8/29/05 7:30 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/29/05 8:10 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.charthepirate 8/29/05 7:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:02 a.m.
                                                     Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.JakeDaGreat 8/30/05 5:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Louis Wu 8/30/05 9:26 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/29/05 10:06 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Scarab 8/30/05 11:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Bungie needs to cater to both sides.Sir Viking 8/30/05 7:15 p.m.
     Alert: I'm about to make an unfair analogyPizack 8/29/05 4:43 p.m.
     Re: New post at my blog The Oraclejazo 8/29/05 5:20 p.m.
           Re: New post at my blog The Oraclecharthepirate 8/29/05 5:37 p.m.
           Here's how I respondedmercury 8/29/05 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Here's how I respondedjazo 8/30/05 3:11 a.m.
                       Re: Here's how I responded1138 8/30/05 9:29 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.