Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Great Journey
Posted By: mrbananas <dgreenwood@lacademy.edu>Date: 6/2/05 8:15 p.m.

In Response To: The Great Journey (Flashman)

: This goes to the heart of the Halo story: what makes the Flood so bad that
: the Forerunners would eliminate all life in the galaxy? Maybe the
: Forerunners have an intergalactic civilization, so they're not too worried
: about losing a galaxy here and there.

i have two answers two your question
1) the forerunners agenda was more than just suriveal, lets say that the forerunners knew some secert, like the secert to life. the flood whated there hands on this secert more than anything. but is the flood ever got ahold of this serect, it would be the worst thing imagiable. the forerunners considered safe guarding this secert so badly, that they chose to kill all life in the galaxy other just to buy these selves some times and slow down the flood to a dead stop.
2) Enthunizing the galaxy. What you think is worst, instant death, of infection. Can you image the horrers of the flood/forerunner war. it was worse than any possible regular war. frontline soldiers were fighting more than just the flood. they were fighting hosts, creatures that were once and still look like people. people you know, innocence civilations, fellow soldiers, friends and family. You say what kind of an effect it had on MC when he say his first human combat form. And not only that, but can you image the fear and horror of infection. Remember jenkins, remember how he had to just had to watch as he attacked his comrades and he was powerless to stop himself. Image being effected and being powerless to stop your self from killing people you know, can you haveing your brother die by your hands and you were powerless to save him because you were his attack. The flood was a truely horride thing, its was a war against hell and infection was like being condemed to it, and then you are condeming others to the same hell. The forerunners did the galaxy a favor when they activated the rings. They were putting an end to the horrer. and you want else. if any forerunners did somehow survive the rings, the sacrfice would not only have been to end the terror, but to ensure that future generations would never have to experience such horrors as the flood.

The research part would come out of hopes of finding a better way of ending the flood, because lets say that the risk of the flood returning aside from the ones keep on the rings was still out there. what if they had no clue of the floods origins and how it all started, and whether or not it could start again.

Message Index

Replies:

HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryCiarán 6/2/05 3:36 p.m.
     My reason it wouldn't work:Mink'O'War 6/2/05 3:45 p.m.
           Not unworkable-- just unnecessaryNarcogen 6/3/05 4:14 a.m.
                 Re: Not unworkable-- just unnecessaryE.T. the Extremely Tired 6/4/05 12:26 p.m.
                       Still UnnecessaryNarcogen 6/6/05 7:06 a.m.
     Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryNom 6/2/05 3:54 p.m.
           Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryajenteks 6/2/05 4:05 p.m.
           Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here's why:Ciarán 6/2/05 4:09 p.m.
                 Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here's Endbringer 6/2/05 4:24 p.m.
                       Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sCool_Cow 6/2/05 4:29 p.m.
                             Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sEndbringer 6/2/05 4:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sCiarán 6/2/05 4:51 p.m.
                                         Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sJamirus99 6/2/05 5:41 p.m.
                                         Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sGryphonOsiris 6/2/05 6:29 p.m.
                                               Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sMikeChance 6/2/05 10:53 p.m.
                 Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'salexware 6/2/05 6:27 p.m.
                       RE:alexware 6/2/05 6:28 p.m.
           Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryUsul 6/2/05 5:25 p.m.
                 Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryHikaru-119 6/2/05 5:32 p.m.
                 Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryJMann25 6/2/05 9:07 p.m.
                       Read the two betrayals story pageScarab 6/3/05 8:50 a.m.
     Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryUtopiaUnknown 6/2/05 5:43 p.m.
           Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryEchoes 6/2/05 5:45 p.m.
           Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryJillybean 6/2/05 6:17 p.m.
                 Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryUtopiaUnknown 6/2/05 7:02 p.m.
                       Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryThe Freeloader 6/2/05 7:35 p.m.
                             Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theorymrbananas 6/2/05 8:43 p.m.
                 Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryNarcogen 6/3/05 4:25 a.m.
           Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryDocOctavius 6/2/05 6:32 p.m.
     The Great JourneyFlashman 6/2/05 7:02 p.m.
           Re: The Great JourneyEchoes 6/2/05 7:06 p.m.
           Re: The Great JourneyJollyRoger 6/2/05 7:20 p.m.
           Re: The Great Journeymrbananas 6/2/05 8:15 p.m.
                 Re: The Great Journeypaulicus the great 6/2/05 11:23 p.m.
                 Re: The Great JourneyMikeChance 6/2/05 11:29 p.m.
                       Re: The Great JourneyMikeChance 6/2/05 11:31 p.m.
     Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryUrsusArctos 6/3/05 8:03 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.