Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Amazing
Posted By: Dexsius <bludex1226@yahoo.com>Date: 6/1/05 5:06 p.m.

In Response To: Amazing *NM* (Nom)

How many film projects has your group done before? I think this 28 days later machinima was quite a good start for a beginner, but honestly I dont know where the "amazing" and "awesome" feedback is coming from. The first thing I noticed in this film was the lack of character dialogue ID (A.K.A. the headbobs, like RvB). Most all of the dialogue from characters was spent with a shot of an idle player, with the slightest rocking motion built into the game. Also, your characters weren't very... interactive with each other. If two characters were talking, it usually came down to them facing each other in idle position. And the weapons! Apparently your players didnt know about the "lower weapon" button - its much more convincing for a character to say hi to another if they dont have a gun pointed at the other's face.

With that said, I think overall the film was by no means a disaster. Most of the camera angles were very nice, and most of the scenes from the movie translated well into Halo. if you plan on doing another project like this one, be sure you make sure your players move and "act" the parts out. try studying RvB or other acclaimed machinimas here on HBO to notice the subtle tricks moviemakers use. It is of course always easier to use professional voicework than make your own voices, and this project was probably best done without home brewed voicework (although I was amused that you totally left out Hannah... too bad the warthog only seats 3).

Overall, A for effort guys. there were several things that could have been done better, but there was more that was done well than was not. I enjoyed watching it.

Message Index

Replies:

28 Days Later *Movie*Jamie98s 5/31/05 10:15 p.m.
     Very, VERY nice...prometheus 5/31/05 10:46 p.m.
     Re: 28 Days Later *Movie*Deathhawk 5/31/05 11:27 p.m.
     Wow....Spideroptics 6/1/05 5:20 a.m.
           Re: Wow....Ibeechu 6/1/05 9:58 a.m.
           Re: Wow....sh33p 6/1/05 9:58 a.m.
           Re: Wow....Binford04 6/1/05 10:55 a.m.
     Sweeeeet!Son Goharotto 6/1/05 10:13 a.m.
           5 starsrhinohumper 6/1/05 10:19 a.m.
     Very nice, but where'd the Doctor come in?Jillybean 6/1/05 10:43 a.m.
     Whoa...c0ld vengeance 6/1/05 11:36 a.m.
           Amazing *NM*Nom 6/1/05 11:58 a.m.
                 Re: AmazingDexsius 6/1/05 5:06 p.m.
     im blown awaythesurge 6/1/05 5:02 p.m.
     A remake better than the original. *NM*Funkmon 6/1/05 6:18 p.m.
     Re: 28 Days Later *Movie*OptimalPower 6/12/05 12:32 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.