Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The importance of organic reclaimers
Posted By: ajenteks <ajenteks@hotmail.com>Date: 5/3/05 5:35 p.m.

In Response To: The importance of organic reclaimers (Wado SG)

We also know that the Flood can infiltrate electronic/computer systems.

That's the only real thing I can disagree with in your theory.

How exactly do we know this? From what I've seen, it seems that the Flood can use electronics and computer systems, but no better than any other organic being can. And I think the evidence supports this:

1. The Flood were using Captain Keyes to try and pilot T&R, not by trying to use a Flood AI (for lack of a better term) /infecting it's computer systems.
2. We've never seen infected Sentinels.
3. It did not appear that Gravemind had infected 2401 Penitent Tangent, but was only holding it.

The best evidence to support your statement would be:

1. Gravemind's use of Halo 05's teleportation grid. He could have just been pushing buttons, then again, he might not have been either.
2. The surprising resistance Cortana faces in the High Charity's systems? Flood intrusion? Hard to say, but given the tenacity and strength the Flood have in all other venues, I would be surprised if the Flood could not overpower Cortana if the opportunity was there for them to do so.
3. Gravemind's voice was being projected over High Charity's intercom system. Was it maybe just using a microphone, just like the Prophet of Truth was?
4. In the ending cinematic where the tendrils are advancing towards Cortana, in an attempt to infect her? (Of course, if they were already in High Charity's systems, why use tendrils to visibly advance on a holographic representation of Cortana?) Or were they maybe just reaching to pull the plug?

ajenteks.org

Message Index

Replies:

The importance of organic reclaimersWado SG 5/3/05 3:25 p.m.
     Re: The importance of organic reclaimersUrk 5/3/05 3:43 p.m.
           Re: The importance of organic reclaimersWado SG 5/3/05 4:27 p.m.
                 I think it was refering to Keyes not Sarge?Gggall78 5/4/05 10:41 a.m.
     Re: The importance of organic reclaimersGryphonOsiris 5/3/05 4:39 p.m.
           Re: The importance of organic reclaimersWado SG 5/3/05 4:47 p.m.
     Re: The importance of organic reclaimersJimmy 5/3/05 4:42 p.m.
           Re: The importance of organic reclaimersSlith 5/3/05 5:24 p.m.
                 Re: The importance of organic reclaimersWado SG 5/3/05 7:00 p.m.
     Re: The importance of organic reclaimersajenteks 5/3/05 5:35 p.m.
           Re: The importance of organic reclaimersWado SG 5/3/05 7:16 p.m.
                 Re: The importance of organic reclaimersMorgalad 5/17/05 9:02 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.