Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Invalidating my theory...
Posted By: Wado SGDate: 4/9/05 4:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Remember what Bungie asked? (Zak Anderson)

: Hmm, i thought it was refering to gravemind

This thread answers the question, more or less: http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive19.pl?read=562809

After re-reading that thread, it appears my theory that Forerunners are the Equivalent of Angels and some Forerunners were the equivalent of Fallen Angels, is cold. Although I still employ that theory in my Fan Fiction story universe, it appears it is not correct.

Here is the just of it, Eagle 117 wrote the following...

Many have found uncanny similarities between the Forerunners and humans, but it’s seems a bit obvious that they’re not exact. The Forerunners are described by the Covenant as techno giants; knowing and implementing a level of technology that’s far beyond anything either the Covenant or Humans have an original understanding of. 343 Guilty Spark refers to the Forerunners as such in Halo 2, but he never refers to any human as a Forerunner. The Covenant description of the Forerunners, as well as the description given in the Covenant Primer, matches a particular group of angels. They are a high order of angels and carry the title of the Watchers; also known as the Grigori. They resemble men in appearance, but are taller than giants. The Watchers were sent by God to instruct man in the beginnings of civilization; however, many became fallen angels after they descended to earth to teach man forbidden sciences and started cohabiting with mortal man. The Watchers who cohabited with mortal man spawned a new race. These offspring were the Nephilim. In Hebrew lor, the Nephilim stands for giants of primeval times, fallen angels (demons) themselves. One of the reasons, often not discussed, for the Biblical flood was to rid the Earth of these half-breeds. Let me put it another way, cause for the Biblical flood can be traced back to the fallen angels, their leader in particular.

To which this and the rest of Eagle 117's post was replied by Eric Trautmann:

...wow.

So, er, warm.

Amid the relevant citations about stuff I've said, however, you missed something fairly important: that the "who wears a halo" thing was designed to point to some tidbits hidden within the books, that shed some light on the characters and situations within.

I will say that the stuff relating to the Gravemind, Arbiter, and some of the very Halo 2-specific stuff is cold. Some of the other stuff, definitely on the money. :)

The question/hint refers to some subtle stuff hidden in the books for fun, not a hidden outline for the future of the Halo storyline, just FYI.

But cool stuff nonetheless.

-E

Eagle 117 tried to clarify this part about the Forerunners by asking:

Is it just me, or did you not identify the Forerunners, by name, in that list of chill?

But Eric replied:

Sigh. No I didn't identify the Forerunners, by name, in that list of chill. And I SHOULD have. :P

Which is either clever misdirection due to NDA or it pretty much is confirming that Forerunners equaling Fallen Angels is NOT true in the Halo Story.

The latter could be used as testimony that my theory stated in this thread is not correct.

Message Index

Replies:

...and this time none of you will be left behindWado SG 4/7/05 6:50 p.m.
     Re: THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!Reebo!!!? 4/7/05 7:29 p.m.
           Re: THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!Echoes 4/7/05 7:35 p.m.
                 Re: THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!Reebo!!!? 4/7/05 7:53 p.m.
                       Re: THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!Echoes 4/7/05 7:57 p.m.
                       I hate it when people write in all capitals.Pha7e 4/7/05 8:35 p.m.
                             Re: I hate it when people write in all capitals.Reebo!!!? 4/7/05 8:45 p.m.
                                   Re: I hate it when people write in all capitals.mrbananas 4/7/05 9:45 p.m.
                                         Re: I hate it when people write in all capitals.scorpionxx7 4/15/05 3:34 p.m.
                                               Re: I hate it when people write in all capitals.Cambion 4/15/05 3:45 p.m.
                                               Re: I hate it when people write in all capitals.mrbananas 4/18/05 6:51 p.m.
                                   I also hate it when people don't capitalize thingsPha7e 4/7/05 10:39 p.m.
                                         Re: I also hate it when people don't capitalize thReebo!!!? 4/7/05 11:45 p.m.
                                               Re: I also hate it when people don't capitalize thPha7e 4/7/05 11:59 p.m.
                                                     Re: I also hate it when people don't capitalize thReebo!!!? 4/8/05 12:13 a.m.
                                                           Re: I also hate it when people don't capitalize thPha7e 4/8/05 12:47 a.m.
                                                     Re: I also hate it when people don't capitalize thICDedPpl 4/8/05 11:06 p.m.
                             Re: I hate it when people write in all capitals.suave 4/10/05 1:35 p.m.
                                   I hate it when people have elitist attitudesFuzzyWhisper 4/28/05 1:36 a.m.
                 Nephilim had six fingersWado SG 4/8/05 2:32 a.m.
                       Re: Nephilim had six fingersOwm 4/8/05 3:48 a.m.
                       Remember what Bungie asked?Mortalis Deus 4/8/05 4:15 a.m.
                             Re: Remember what Bungie asked?Zak Anderson 4/8/05 4:49 a.m.
                                   Invalidating my theory...Wado SG 4/9/05 4:12 a.m.
                                         Re: Invalidating my theory...longWriter 4/18/05 6:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Invalidating my theory...suave 4/18/05 6:22 p.m.
                                               Re: Invalidating my theory...Wado SG 4/18/05 6:26 p.m.
                                               Re: Invalidating my theory...Zak Anderson 4/19/05 3:21 a.m.
                                                     ...Louis Wu 4/19/05 8:51 a.m.
                                                           this post is right onMiguel Chavez 4/19/05 9:36 a.m.
                                                                 I think...Louis Wu 4/19/05 9:55 a.m.
                                                                       Re: I think...Wado SG 4/19/05 12:06 p.m.
                                                                             Territories, of course. *NM*Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/19/05 12:31 p.m.
                                                                 POST OF THE DAY! *NM*XLNC 4/19/05 2:06 p.m.
                                                     Re: Invalidating my theory...Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/19/05 11:47 a.m.
                       Re: Nephilim had six fingersSilky Red 4/9/05 11:23 p.m.
           Re: THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!longWriter 4/18/05 6:41 p.m.
                 Re: THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!UrsusArctos 4/18/05 7:37 p.m.
     Re: ...and this time none of you will be left behiICDedPpl 4/8/05 1:05 p.m.
           Re: ...and this time none of you will be left behiEkim 4/8/05 7:39 p.m.
                 Re: ...and this time none of you will be left behiAdam Downes 4/12/05 6:08 a.m.
     Re: Future, maybe humans lose?Dominic Moberly 4/10/05 2:05 p.m.
           Re: Future, maybe humans lose?Guilty Spark 4/10/05 2:09 p.m.
                 putting my two cents inDirge 4/12/05 6:37 p.m.
                       Comments upon blood colourEarthScorpion 4/15/05 12:40 p.m.
                             Re: Comments upon blood colourscorpionxx7 4/15/05 3:24 p.m.
                             *Camels and lamas comes to mind. *NM*Dundre 4/16/05 8:12 a.m.
     The Great Journey117 Reclaiming Factor 4/16/05 1:31 a.m.
           Re: The Great Journeytrojanman42 4/16/05 1:45 a.m.
           Re: The Great JourneyPeptuck 4/16/05 7:51 a.m.
     Re: ...and this time none of you will be left behiphoenix927 4/16/05 12:14 p.m.
     Re: ...and this time none of you will be left behiajenteks 4/20/05 5:58 p.m.
           Re: ...and this time none of you will be left behiShadowsniper689 4/20/05 6:21 p.m.
     My old post about "100,000 years war"replay 4/27/05 3:23 a.m.
           Re: My old post about "100,000 years war"Jamirus99 4/27/05 5:13 a.m.
                 Re: My old post about "100,000 years war"mrbananas 4/27/05 7:31 a.m.
     On to somethingFlawed Legacy 4/28/05 9:30 p.m.
           Am *I* On to something?!Likada 'Banshee 4/29/05 2:16 p.m.
                 Re: Am *I* On to something?!AlfaSub 4/29/05 11:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.