Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Rearranging things in AOTCR
Posted By: rocksliderDate: 3/24/05 12:59 p.m.

I've just updated my site with a hefty new dose of AOTCR fun, if you care to break out your snow boots. About a third of it concerns the first snow battle where your Marines are getting attacked in the distance. When you step through the door, how would you like to hop straight into a handy Scorpion or Ghost or Banshee that are all sitting there waiting? And would you like the nearby Shade to be somewhere else? With a bit of effort you can arrange all this. The rest is about rearranging things elsewhere to make the level play differently or to have various bits of fun.

A big highlight of this is the possibility of setting up a blockade (e.g. a line of Ghosts) to hold back the attacking mob in the spiral path megabattle. You can have some tremendous pyrotechnic fun with the crowd that accumulates behind it, and some seriously good combat too. I've been having a fantastic time with this. And if you're tactically minded, there's lots of scope for thinking about barrier placement and design.

And have you ever run uncloaked alongside an Elite or Grunt who's too busy to shoot at you? That's another novelty you can experience (and if you're a Grunt fan like me, there's quite a lot more amusement to be had relating to this; see 'Grunty fun with Shades').

There's a load of stuff to get your teeth into here if you like playing around doing things the game wasn't expecting. You'll find links to the new stuff on my index page (see 'Latest updates').

http://freespace.virgin.net/bad.cyborg/index.html

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.