Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And You
Posted By: Sardaukar [Pants 138] <jmbt_chopsocky@yahoo.com>Date: 3/7/05 3:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And You (Jillybean)

: Welcome :D

: Ahhhh - my master plan! Now HSP shall never be updated!!!

: There's a search - but since I ignored your email: Interesting theory, but
: correct me if I'm wrong (I've got a bit of a headache, reading is
: difficult :P) You wonder if the Forerunner knew about the Flood before
: they knew about a virus? Or to emulate a virus? I'm not completely clear
: on that point.

I'm suggesting that the Flood are the the original form of viral life in the galaxy. As far as real world biology goes, Virus' are still a complete conundrum; they defy almost every rule of being an organism. By my thinking, the Forerunner spent all of this time researching them to figure out what made them tick, and how to reverse engineer it, to create a living (of course, I use that term tentatively) time capsule of their race so that they might survive the original Halo network activation. The flood are very akin to virus': they are able to survive for extreme lengths of time without any form of sustainance, they work by attacking the control mechanisms of their hosts, they eventually reprogram, or in this case, rework their host into a biofactory to produce nothing but more viral bodies until said biofactory bursts, heck, the infection forms even resemble a viral body (the binal form, I think. I knew I should have studied more, we just covered this stuff in class last month...)

The link included leads to an artists concept image of the viral body I'm likening an infection form to; it's a fairly accurate rendition of the real thing.

http://ftp.purdue.edu/pub/uns/+2004/rossmann-baseplate.jpg

Message Index

Replies:

The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouSardaukar [Pants 138] 3/7/05 3:07 p.m.
     Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouJillybean 3/7/05 3:22 p.m.
           SearchNazi.Chester the Destroyer 3/7/05 3:31 p.m.
           Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouSardaukar [Pants 138] 3/7/05 3:43 p.m.
     Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouSeries III (MetalSilver) 3/7/05 3:37 p.m.
           Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouSardaukar [Pants 138] 3/7/05 3:47 p.m.
                 Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouPaladin-117 3/7/05 3:50 p.m.
                 Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouSeries III (MetalSilver) 3/7/05 3:55 p.m.
                       Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouGordon Freeman 3/7/05 4:00 p.m.
                             Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouSeries III (MetalSilver) 3/7/05 4:26 p.m.
           Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouGordon Freeman 3/7/05 3:48 p.m.
     Very good thoughts...58 3/7/05 4:12 p.m.
           Re: Very good thoughts...Sardaukar [Pants 138] 3/7/05 4:30 p.m.
                 Re: Very good thoughts...58 3/7/05 5:08 p.m.
                       Re: Very good thoughts...Sardaukar [Pants 138] 3/7/05 5:46 p.m.
                             Re: Very good thoughts...58 3/7/05 5:57 p.m.
     So, Basically, We Stole The Forerunners' MojoSteve 3/7/05 4:36 p.m.
     Re: The Flood, Lysogenics, And YouPvt. Jenkins 3/7/05 6:44 p.m.
           Yes. *NM*Sardaukar [Pants 138] 3/7/05 6:54 p.m.
                 Re: Yes.Pvt. Jenkins 3/7/05 7:14 p.m.
     re-evolve, bad choicescarab 3/8/05 8:00 a.m.
           But evolution's not even a good theory in RL... *NM*58 3/8/05 9:18 a.m.
           Re: re-evolve, bad choiceSardaukar [Pants 138] 3/8/05 2:40 p.m.
     what Lysogenic meansscarab 3/8/05 8:13 a.m.
           Re: what Lysogenic meansSardaukar [Pants 138] 3/8/05 2:50 p.m.
                 Re: what Lysogenic means ADDENDUMSardaukar [Pants 138] 3/8/05 2:58 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.