Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Problems with your theories...
Posted By: TCBDate: 4/11/01 8:51 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Problems with your theories... (TCB)

Random trivial knowledge just to shed light on where I'm coming from:

Oh yeah, most of Desert Storms bombs that were dropped were left over "Dumb Bombs & Cluster Bombs" from the Vietnam War. Which had no guidance whatsoever so they only hit their targets about 25% of the time. So there were a lot more casualties with those than with the (around 45-75% accuracy on average I think) smart bombs, yet we hardly used smart bombs.

And when we did use smart bombs we actually had a lot of friendly fire where some stupid units got mixed up and wandered into an allie's "killbox." Anyways, we always have friendly fire casualties and civilian casualties from unguided "Dumbbombs" dropped on highly populated civilian areas (which is done because there's military significance too, but they still used "Dumb Bombs" for the most part. Point being, war sucks in real life, and games are supposed to be fun. So while I htink guns are fun as a game, they're not too fun when they're too realistic.

How did I know that stuff you ask? Let's just say that I'm an overgrown loser with too much time on his hands that watches the Discovery, History, TLC, Sci-Fi(well that doesn't help me other than making my imagination a little more open to being crazy, but that's why I like Halo), watch cable news networks and read the internet (but don't believe it since it's unreliable) all day.

Message Index

Replies:

How do I submit theories??Gabriel Bregg 4/5/01 3:28 p.m.
     Re: How do I submit theories??Hethal 4/5/01 10:09 p.m.
           Re: How do I submit theories??DogCow 4/6/01 12:37 a.m.
                 Re: How do I submit theories??Hethal 4/7/01 3:34 p.m.
     Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 10:51 a.m.
           Re: Problems with your theories...Gabriel Bregg 4/7/01 12:11 p.m.
                 Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 3:18 p.m.
                       Re: Problems with your theories...Hethal 4/7/01 3:46 p.m.
                             Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 3:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Problems with your theories...Hethal 4/7/01 4:13 p.m.
                                         Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/7/01 10:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 11:47 p.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/8/01 12:58 a.m.
                                                           Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/8/01 11:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/9/01 12:16 a.m.
                                                                       laser sights and railguns, oh myAnaphiel 4/9/01 10:36 a.m.
                                                                             Re: laser sights and railguns, oh myrosignol 4/9/01 1:52 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Problems with your theories...TCB 4/11/01 7:40 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Problems with your theories...TCB 4/11/01 8:51 p.m.
                 Re: Problems with your theories...Louis Wu 4/7/01 3:36 p.m.
                       Re: Problems with your theories...Kinescope 4/7/01 6:20 p.m.
                             Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/8/01 12:04 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.